New light on NEW LIGHT

by Terry 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

The New World Translation is worded to give the impression that the LIGHT ITSELF is what allows a righteous man to go where he needs to go. The implication is that TRUTH (from the Watchtower) is a gradual revelation from Jehovah. The ORGANIZATION becomes the __means by which___that light is shone. Compare that to the actual wording of the scripture:

Proverbs 4:18 (Young's Literal Translation)

18 And the path of the righteous [is] as a shining light, Going and brightening till the day is established,

Proverbs 4:18 (New King James Version)

18 But the path of the just is like the shining sun,
    That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.

To me, this is saying you can look at the road a good man is traveling (i.e. what his actions are; how he lives his life) and see where it leads him.

(Implying it leads to a perfect place to be.)

What does this discrepency of "meaning" interpretation tell us about the ROLE of the Organization as it sees itself?

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for sharing that new light.

I found this comment the most damning

If it had been JEHOVAH'S light which Fred Franz understood, the transmission would have been illuminating an ACTUAL EVENT worth preparing for instead

The bad light that they have presented has caused many to stumble and not only did many leave but those that heeded the light lost focus on what was really important for that time. Their cries of urgency have caused many, if not all, to live much different lives than they otherwise would have. We aren't just talking a few years but for many their whole lives. Their eyes have been focused on the prize and they have died without seeing it. How many would have enriched their own family lives, spending more time in enjoying each others company or helping others less fortunate? How many would have been more focused on improving their own personalities and drawing close to God, not with the prize in mind, but with a deeper desire to do what is right because they appreciate what God has already given them, not what they are about to get?

How would Noah have faired if he had announced time after time that 'tommorrow we have to move into the ark, without clear instructions from God? It would have been understandable if even his own family didn't trust him but he would have been ashamed. If through his words he was pre-emptying God's will he would probably have found himself unworthy and sincerely sought forgiveness from both God and those listening to him.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

I Got It!!!!!!!!!!!

You are all Shining Lights! But only if we follow the Father's Light will we get to the right destination. And His is like brilliant Sunshine compared to our own dim flashlight batteries.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

This was my light-bulb moment for the day

Jehovah's Witnesses are divided into three distinct tiers of membership.

1.Governing Body anointed

2.Clueless anointed

3.The rest of the non-anointed schmucks

Is that about right?

Mr Flipper has explained this to me before, but I still had trouble believing it. The unbelievable arrogance of decreeing that all anointed not on the GB are clueless! And the R&F simply accept it. . .

• Faraon
    Faraon

When Gods prophets in the bible said something, they got it right first time and you'd better believe what they

said or else.

Yeah, right. Just like Ezekiel and his false prophecy of the taking of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar or the desolation of Egypt by Jeremiah and Ezekiel by Nebuchadnezzar, or that Egypt would be subject to the tyranny of the Assyrians by Isaiah. The one on Chapter 17 of Isaiah concerning Damascus, is glaringly false, etc, etc.

• Terry
  • mrquik
    mrquik

You are absolutely right Terry. Also if the GB is inspired, whose responsible for the "mistakes"? Was holy spirit out to lunch on the day they embraced 1975 or flip flopped on major issues? Who's responsible for the destroyed lives? Would the true religion, marked by love & guided by holy spirit have made so many grevious errors.... on purpose?

• donny
    donny

Great post as usual Terry, I also enjoyed reading your JW experience at http://www.freeminds.org/stories/mylife.htm.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Crazy making by any other name is still crazy.

• OBVES
    OBVES

You should be in the new light to understand it .Since 1984 AD there is a new wave of understanding the Bible and it is taking place on individual basis by some individual christians who are not associated with any organized religion .

The new light will be for instance this understanding that any prediction about the return of Jesus and end of the world must take into account a period of 120 years in the likeness of Noah's days - Matthew 24.37-39; Genesis 6.3.

So we must identify that period of 120 years and Jesus can not come before these 120 years expires.

If you begin with the year 1874 AD you must add 120 years which leads to the year 1994 AD . This could be the first date for eventual return of Jesus. All previous predictions lacked this point ! Jesus could not come before 1994 AD.

Then we proceed further .

We had 1879 AD as the important date that puts us at the year 1999 AD ( 1999 AD - 120 years = 1879 AD ).

The next very important date is the year 1884 AD when the International Bible Students got their recognition from the US government .

1884 AD + 120 years = 2004 AD .

And if were substitute 7 days from Noah's days - Genesis 7.1-4 ; Ezekiel 4.6 : 1 day = 1 year we can have 2004 AD + 7 years = 2011 AD .

And it turns out this is the next valid Bible-based prediction for the return of Jesus .

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit