New light on NEW LIGHT

by Terry 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This has always bothered me. If they are really receiving their information from God and their info is wrong, either God is wrong or the holy spirit messed up. That doesnt fly with me. It means they dont get their ideas from God. It means it is the thoughts and doctrines of men. Wat does the Bible say about trusting in the ideas of man? Also,they cant compare themselves to prophets or Bible writers. If you believe the word of God is infallible, how many times were the prophets wrong or the writers gave out misinformation? Never. Why should I put my faith in them then? They clearly arent spokespeople for God.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good thread Terry..

The WBT$ Concept of New Light is Watchtarded..

mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco ...OUTLAW

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Terry,

This is one of the things that never quite sat well with me - When people "claim" to be personal mouthpieces for a deity.

When I was little I used to actually believe that "holy spirit" was the fool-proof magic 8-ball that would determine Judicial Committe decisions, etc.

I lost most of my "faith" when I realized that they just make up their own decisions based on their own individual prejudices, bias and personalities. And if you question this "water-witching" method of "holy spirit", they will tell you that they are imperfect men and in the end God will read hearts.

Okay, well in that case, let God read hearts himself and stop rendering judgment in his name!

• Terry
    Terry

I have said before that I think the BIG DECISION MAKERS at Watchtower Headquarters are bottom feeding on the detritus of the Catholic Church.
    To wit: a hybrid of Papal infallibility/magesterium and sola scriptura from Protestantism.

This is a tightwire balancing act at best.

Plausible deniability has to be handy like a fire-extinguisher when the bad-prophecy flares into self-immolation.

That plausible deniability comes from their false analogy doctrine of NEW LIGHT.

When they fail miserably---DON'T WORRY FOLKS! Jehovah will provide MORE LIGHT LATER!! (Hang in there--we'll get it right when Jehovah gets it right:)

• darthfader
    darthfader

The simple fact the what was once the "Truth" is no longer the "Truth" and then to revert back to old teachings as "Truth".

The Truth is simply the facts -- the facts dont ever change, just the watchtowers incantations of the Truth. Of course if we ever react not in accordance with the WTBS's "unwritten direction" we are the wrong ones - no matter how much they lead us on..

pfft...

• Terry
    Terry

I've said it before; I'll say it again: IF WHAT YOU SAID WAS TRUE....THEN, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT?

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Wow! You just blew my mind!

• Terry
    Terry

The Governing Body holds the flashlight of anointing.

They are "directed" by Jehovah to point the illumination in a darkened world at specific vital truths.

The light illumines dim shapes.

The rank and file are TOLD what the shape IS; what it MEANS; what to DO.

The shape turns out to be something ELSE ENTIRELY.

The world at large sees only: false prophecy/flip-flop doctrines of men.

The GB blames it on the quality and quantity of the light and the rank and file's poor eyesight!

IF JEHOVAH is DIRECTING the Organization....IT IS JEHOVAH making the error.

If it is the ORGANIZATION hallucinating....it is THEIR error.

Either way, the rank and file are the one's BEING OBEDIENT.

Some JW's instinctively adopt this understanding. Hence the idea "Waiting on Jehovah".

They don't completely realize they are actually saying :"Waiting on Jehovah to GET IT RIGHT, FINALLY!"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Okay, well in that case, let God read hearts himself and stop rendering judgment in his name!

Amen to that!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    IF WHAT YOU SAID WAS TRUE....THEN, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT?

I ask a similar question:

Why did you say it was the truth when you had to end up changing it? That is a classic example of false advertising.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit