New light on NEW LIGHT

by Terry 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Well, it just sort of came to me while I was driving.

The doctrine of NEW LIGHT is a false analogy.

Why had I not considered this before?

Here is what I'm thinking; see if you don't agree...

Jehovah's Witnesses are divided into three distinct tiers of membership.

1.Governing Body anointed

2.Clueless anointed

3.The rest of the non-anointed schmucks

Is that about right?

Jehovah, who edits the Watchtower, sends beams of insight, instruction, prophecy directly to headquarters and the "mouthpiece of God" lets the rest

of us know because we are like dogs eating scraps at the dinner table.

This is called "food at the proper time" because the bottom 2 tiers of recipients are on a "need to know" basis.

This "meat in due season" is served up by being printed in books, pamphlets, Watchtower studies, the Kingdom Ministry, etc.

Here is where the False Analogy comes in.

Imagine you are in a big dangerous place with spiders, snakes, lions, tigers and bears (oh my!) and it is pitch black dark. YOU CAN'T SEE, can you?

No. But, if somebody with infra-red goggles on (and could see) had a flashlight with them, they could shine that LIGHT in various spots of danger to you

and you'd be able to AVOID the danger. Right?

Now here is how it breaks down. Pay attention...

The flashlight battery is weak! There is barely enough light. But, JUST ENOUGH at the time for you to avoid stepping on that snake or bumping into

that sleeping tiger.

So far, so good, eh?

But, every once and awhile the weak light outlines a shape in the semi-darkness that APPEARS TO BE A BEAR but it turns out it was only a stack of old Watchtowers in the shape of a bear. No harm--no foul.

THIS IS THE DOCTRINE OF LIGHT. The "light" the Watchtower offers sometimes offers the appearance of a warning or prophecy. YOU are the one who makes the mistake by READING THE SHAPE WRONG and reacting strongly to absolutely nothing.

Get it? NOT THEIR FAULT---YOURS!

What is wrong with this analogy? Read on...

The false analogy stems from the fact that JEHOVAH sends the message FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE of informing his servants BEFORE an event.

The receiver (prophet) can't pass it on without UNDERSTANDING IT (and knowing where to shine that sputtering light).

The very last pair of eyes to land on a dimly illumined shape is the unwitting JW stumbling around in the dark. How can you blame them?

The Rank and File can't claim to know anything UNTIL the light is shone. If it is shone ON THE WRONG SPOT, how can they be blamed?

For example, when Fred Franz started creating the hubub over THE END OF 6000 YEARS OF HUMAN EXISTENCE (1975)and drawing the exciting parallel

with the 1000 year reign of Christ after Armageddon---it was FREDDY FRANZ'S LIGHT that was being beamed to all the Kingdom Halls around the world.

If it had been JEHOVAH'S light which Fred Franz understood, the transmission would have been illuminating an ACTUAL EVENT worth preparing for instead

of what turned about to be A HUGE CAMPAIGN ENDING IN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT EMBARASSMENT.

All the rank and file members did was STEP WHERE THE LIGHT WAS BEAMED. They didn't carry their OWN flashlight, did they? No.

It doesn't matter how weak or bright the light is. It is the one DIRECTING THE BEAM who is indicating the dangers in the dark who is acting on

DIRECTIONS from either A. Jehovah or B. Their own crazy ideas.

So, where does this leave NEW LIGHT? New Light would not help the stumbling JW after 1975 who fell over the debacle of having bet everything on

Armageddon being right where Fred Franz's flashlight had indicated the terror of Armageddon. NEW LIGHT would be the sudden awareness THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Do you see my point?

NEW LIGHT CAN ONLY BE AN EXPOSING OF THE FRAUD AND MISDIRECTION. It can never be a clearer understanding of A TRUE THING.

NEW LIGHT from the Watchtower Society always reveals ONLY THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO LOOK OR WHAT WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE

or they wouldn't have been pointing their sputtering flashlight on that spot to begin with!!

Get it??

• baltar447
    baltar447

Great anaolgy with the flashlight and the pee-ons being blamed for seeing something wrong.

I get the impression that the GB Annointed just view the R & F with so much contempt, they are like modern day pharasees. The R & F are the dogs eating scraps at the table.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    NEW LIGHT would be the sudden awareness THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

And it was THAT "new light" that came to me. I was led out of that dark pit of phony baloney and the real truth set me free.

This analogy, Terry, was spot on. I'm going to save this one. Thanks.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Bears?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Your analogy explains apostates pretty well too. We all have an internal ruleset of how many times we allow the "light" to direct us into harm.

-Sab

• Terry
    Terry

Bears?

Only in Chicago!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Only in Chicago!

Yes, Chicago. But I was thinking of Russia...

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Nice analogy Terry.

That makes me think of Moses.

If Moses had made so many mistakes when he went before Pharoah, Israel would still be in Egypt.

When Gods prophets in the bible said something, they got it right first time and you'd better believe what they

said or else.

Making all those re-interpretations just gets God a bad name.

• goneforgood
    goneforgood

It is amazing that JW's don't realize that each and every one of us at any moment, as the need arises and we are willing, can be used as a Faithful and Discreet Slave bringing light and the truth of the Gospel to those who have come to an end of their own will. We recieve an annointing as God sees fit - not because I say I am.

To the degree of my willingness to be utililized in kingdom work will I personally enjoy the opportunities that God, by his leading, will direct my path to form relatioonships with those in need of salvation and support through trials and suffering.

Truth is the light. Jesus is the truth, the way and the life. As I focus on Jesus (Heb12:2), the Spirit of Truth will guide me into all truth about my given circumstances. situations and relationships. I must continue to "test the spirit" for I am not naive of the devil's schemes.

If faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit were dependant on a visible "organization", it would not be by faith that I am saved. For trust and faith in God is not something I can see; a person place or thing. We do submit to one another, but only when the leading of the Holy Spirit confirms that the directions from another to be truth and beneficial for all.

What is the key in faithful service and accepting direction from another? Love... Let it rule my heart that I can rid myself of selfish motives.Then and only then can I expect to stand firmly in the light.

• Terry
    Terry

The hulkingly huge and nasty fly in the JW theology ointment is when they sketch themselves out to be a conduit FROM Jehovah to the rank and file.

Jehovah is pouring in the life-giving waters and they are just the "means of transmission" to the Kingdom Halls and doorsteps and neighborhoods of the world.

When the life giving water reaches them and tastes "inexplicably" polluted, sour and diseased the Conduit blames the ones drinking down below!

Carrying the name JEHOVAH makes the WRONG PROPHECY and the WRONG TEACHING the fault of JEHOVAH.

No matter how you slice the arrangement the Governing Body refuses to be the CAUSE of the false information which NEEDS CHANGING to a NEW LIGHT.

The "classic" christian understanding is God on top with Jesus in between as mediator and man on the receiving end of the blessings.

The Jehovah's Witness arrangment is Jehovah on top with Jesus ruling invisibly by directing the Governing Body as the mediator and the rank and file

getting marching orders. Every time the JW's march the wrong way or off a cliff the "Oops" goes to the ones falling off the cliff and the wedge-shaped

GB mediator chides them for listening in the first place!

The only LIGHT that is getting brighter and brighter is the giant SPOTLIGHT from the internet being shown by APOSTATES on the dark and dirty dealings

of this false religion and its "mouthpiece" which speaks out of both sides of its ugly face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit