Earthquakes Earthquakes and more Earthquakes

by sizemik 185 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I've been watching updates online ...

Thinking about Shaney, very scary for him. :(

I'm glad you and the fam are safe, and hope you hear from your son soon. Apparently, a lot of the phone lines are down, and many have no electricity.

tal

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I hope the drum doesn't run out of red ink. Old Maui must be pulling up another fish.

• talesin
    talesin

Yo, Black Sheep!

I have been assuming you are in a safer area, my friend.

t

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Mother Nature's a bitch sometimes! Thinking of you and yours sizemik . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16312041

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

On a good day I can see the smoke from a volcano, Tal, but we haven't felt a good shake lately.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL Chris . . . guess what? . . . I was at the supermarket! . . . what a hoot alright . . . If a building could shit people this one had diarrhea.

Had another 5 about ten minutes ago . . . more red ink. All I know are safe, except one friend who lives right over the epicentre of the 6, in South Brighton. I helped him build his house so he should be fine LOL.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Maybe I should go and fill the spare gas bottle. Our 'grab bags' were ok last time we checked.

Sometimes we get floods and power cuts around Xmas. We have lost our backup bridge access to town after it was damaged in a flood, so we could easily get cut off.

Had to finish off some baking with the BBQ when we had the power cut a week and a half ago. Our longest power cut was three days.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

You and your family are in my thoughts, ole Shakey

• sizemik
    sizemik

Amazing stuff from a geological standpoint . . .

10 quakes . . . a 5.8 5.3 4.2 4.8 4.4 6.0 4.6 5.0 4.0 3.7 . . . all in four hours. It's now 15 months since the initial 7.1 rupture. It's a very extended earthquake swarm . . . not all that common. We'll need to give it another 3 - 5 years to be in the clear I reckon. But we're pretty good here re; floods, volcanoes etc . . . and a Tsunami alarm system is being installed along the coast.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

WOW RocknROLL

years since i felt one, would have been in New Plymouth, 30+ years even then they were mild compared to Christchurch......edited dooh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit