Terrible Weather ... :-(

by snowbird 112 Replies latest social current

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

I am a firefighter in the Vestavia Hills/ Cahaba Heights area, a suburb of Birmingham. We were hit with a tornado at 5:00 this am and have had a very frustrating and taxing 36 hours of work. There are areas of our city that looks like a bomb went off. We had a very hard time accessing people that needed medical attention, we set of on foot with medical equipment more than once for up to 1/2 mile trying to get to people. We only had one death in our city, all in all it could have been worse. There are some areas that have 20+ dead, and I am sure that state wide the death total will reach 100+. These are the worse storms to hit Alabama in the modern era.

People please do not try to cut down/partially down trees. We will get to it in time, it is not worth risking your life. It can and does kill.

• Aaron Eldridge
    Aaron Eldridge

Just saw myself on the news...haha...I'm a dork.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Syl,

are you doing ok?

the news is pretty terrible this morning

• cantleave
    cantleave

I heard on the news here, it has been a bit wet and windy in your neck of the woods.

Look after yourselves.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Thinking of you guys from down here in NZ . . . natural disasters are more than just an "event" . . . lot's of peoples lives changed forever. The loss of life is bad news though . . . stay hazard aware and keep safe

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm OK.

Thanks.

Anyone heard from Dinah?

Hi, Aaron Eldridge.

Appreciate your perspective.

Syl

• ballistic
    ballistic

This looks real bad on the news!

• leavingwt
  • snowbird
  • journey-on
    journey-on

Oh, Sylvia....I woke up with this news and immediately thought about you. Told my hubby I had to take a few minutes to log on and find out if you're okay. Glad you are, but soooo soooo sorry for what has happened in your neck of the woods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit