Was it ever explained how.......

by Reality79 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

God ignored the whole of mankind for 2,000 years and then suddenly decided in the late 1800s to give "da troof" to ole Charlie boy? I was just looking at someone's parody JW channel and the person posed this very same question. I'll admit I've thought about it but not too deeply.

Good question. But actually the Bible itself says that for 2300 evenings and mornings there would be no true temple. The "temple in its right condition" follows 1150 years of no recognized "true religion" which becomes totally paganized and apostate via Catholicism. But by 1886, the true temple comes back into its "right condition" through the Bible Students/JWs.

So the apostasy is actually documented in the Bible. Further, sacred secrets and understanding were reserved to be revealed during the end-times.

LS

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

With the internet and television, the whole world can keep up with what the messiah is doing on a daily basis, like a reality show.

Lars, you kill me! LOL

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Thanks, SAB!! Great videos!!!

LS

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

With the internet and television, the whole world can keep up with what the messiah is doing on a daily basis, like a reality show.

The Great Tribulation revolution will not be televised-Gil Scott Heron

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting. A few different answers were given here. I thought we were all taught the same thing--dubs trace their history back to Adam. There was always a jw on the face of the earth. I believe that's in the publications too. I'm pretty sure that was in the Reasoning book and in the pioneer school book also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit