So......Obama IS a US citizen after all?!

by Black Man 127 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm not ignoring anything. The valid short form was released. Ok. Fine. Good. Acceptable for most of us.

However, SOME folks had a different opinion. Something wasn't right in their way of thinking. All of these people who doubted the validity of the information given to Americans are not wackos, racists, or hate-mongers. In their way of thinking, their request was valid and reasonable. Ok. Fine. We can easily fix this. Period. Suck it up....show leadership and caring for ALL Americans. Produce the long form.

But, noooooo. Even knowing that his background might be a reason for this extra clarification, he stubbornly refused to do then what he did yesterday. Why?

• cantleave
    cantleave

As an outsider looking in, this reinforces the belief that large sections of the US are still racist bigots, it hasn't done you favours.

It's a shame there weren't calls for a GW Bush IQ test.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Why did he feel the need to do this NOW"?

Clearly, only Obama knows the real answer to that question.

But, more interestingly, it looks like, having had their favorite chew-toy vaporize right before their eyes, the birthers have now found a substitute: "Why did he wait so long and why now?"

Enquiring minds want/need to know!

• journey-on
    journey-on
    large sections of the US are still racist bigots

That is probably true, cantleave. I personally don't know any racist bigots now. The biggest racist I ever knew was a black girl.

This birth certificate issue is not racist. It may look like that to you because some of them have jumped on the issue to spout their vile racist crap, but the issue itself is legitimate.

• journey-on
    journey-on

You're right, Bizzy. It speaks to the man's attitude and character, not to mention leadership, compassion, problem-solving ability, etc etc etc.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You're right, Bizzy. It speaks to the man's attitude and character, not to mention leadership, compassion, problem-solving ability, etc etc etc

"We have much more important issues to deal with"

That was said just before he boarded Air Force One to fly to an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey show.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    That was said just before he boarded Air Force One to fly to an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey show.

GASP! Oh, noes! Not Oprah! We're doomed!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Not Oprah! We're doomed!

It could have been worse - at least is wasn't Whoopie Goldberg.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It could have been worse - at least is wasn't Whoopie Goldberg.

Praise the Lord Jeebus! Every cloud....etc.

P.S. Glad to see that this recent setback hasn't diminished your sense of humor, James.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I know some of you have expressed the thought that this isn't related to racism, and thats fine. At one point I would have agreed with you. However, my opionion on this matter has changed as these most recent events have transpired. Its been said in times past that they used to hang us with the rope, nowadays they hang us with the pen. This whole Birther movement is a classic example of the latter. Call it a modern day lynching, or even a modern day tar and feathering. I'm only in my early thirties, so I don't know how much respect was afforded to the previous seat warmers of the Executive Office, but I'd be willing to gamble that none of them recieved the same lack of respect that our current President is recieving. You disagree with his politics? Thats fine. You disagree with decisions he's made during his Presidency? That's fine too. What's happening right now with this Birther movement, Donald Trump, Glenn Beck, and other pot stirrers and rabble rousers, is unprecedented. At the same time though, its not surprising considering this nation's history, and also the glimpses of racism expressed during campaign season.

Remember the video interviews of people in West Virginia during campaign season? Remember the brutal honesty many of them openly expressed regarding their reasons for not voting for him which often enough was simply because he wasn't white? Remember that? Remember all the moments John McCain was present at rallies during campaign season, and how he classfully disregarded many of the outragous accusations, slander, and slurs directed at his opponent? That happened more than a few times, and all the while his running mate didn't have a problem encouraging such nonsense back then, and neither does she have a problem with it now. Matter fact, one might say she's upped the ante by slighly undermining his efforts. Some of this to be fair, is obviously politics, which by nature is dirty and shameless. In Donald Trump's case, I believe is more of a publicity stunt that has gone on too long. Also it should be considered that the times we live in are pretty volatile considering the economy, gas prices, health care, amongst a ton of other issues. Emotions will get inflamed, and the discource will occasionally lose civility. However, none of that excuses the lack of respect for our current President.

For the record, I don't like Obama either, but I don't like politicians in general, but standing on the outside as an observer, I know the criticism thrown at him is too disproportionate to brush off racism.

Long story short, the guy won, get over it, but the mud slinging hasn't let up for one day since he's been elected. All politicians recieve criticism, but what he's recieved both prior to election and afterwards is an entirely different monster. Everything from terrorist, to racist towards white people, communist, muslim, antichrist, has been pinned upon Obama's name and reputation. The Birther movement to me is the icing on the cake. I'm seeing people in this forum asking, "why didn't Obama just present his birth certificate?" I've got a better question, at least in my opinion. My question is, why does he need to provide his birth certificate? Was this question asked of any other "sitting" President? The guy won, get over it. I can't read anyone's mind, but I'm left with the impression that people believe the legacy of the White House has been tarnished because there's commy nigger with a muslim sounding name defiling it. I remember joking with friends during campaign season that this dude will never get elected. I mean cmon, the guy is black, his first name rhymes with Osama, is a Democrat, and shares the same last name as Saddam. I joked that even if he did get elected, someone would blow his brains out. I was only partially wrong as far as him being assasinated is concerned. I say that because it doesn't appear someone is going to shoot him, but they will do everything in their power to destroy his image and character, with their reason only slightly having to do with his politics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit