So......Obama IS a US citizen after all?!

by Black Man 127 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

"Black people have no honor"??????? Really???

Why is anyone promoting such overtly racist thinking? You should be ashamed.

• DJS
    DJS

Hey Resident Conspiracy Theorists, there is hope for you too.

Trump finally admits Obama was born in US

AT THIS HOUR, September 16, 2016

GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump addressed the controversial birther issue at his hotel in Washington.

Source: CNN

• sir82
    sir82

Still managed to lie, though, blaming the controversy on Hillary.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Obama supporters and the mainstream media uses the term "conspiracy theorists" and "birthers" as buzzwords like the Watchtower Society uses the terms "apostates", which makes sense since both have cult followers.

• DJS
    DJS

@LittleRockGuy: "Obama supporters and the mainstream media uses the term "conspiracy theorists" and "birthers" as buzzwords like the Watchtower Society uses the terms "apostates", which makes sense since both have cult followers."

Ouchie. That's gonna leave a mark. So witty. So creative. Cruel man, just cruel. Don't you have something better to do? Like hate on some gays? Or is that hit on some gays? I can't remember.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

DJS,

You can take my statement for what it's worth. I just call it as I see it. Wasn't trying to be "witty", "creative" or "cruel" and you might want to get to know me more before you make some stupid asinine comment about me hating gays since I happen to be gay myself.

LRG

• DJS
    DJS

%LRG,

All apologies for the reference. I'm clearly confusing you with someone else.

BUT, and it's a big but (I like big buts and I cannot lie), The Donald is the king of conspiracy theorists.

It is a label he richly deserves, regardless of one"s political, or sexual, persuasion.

It is one of the reasons he plays well in the heartland.

Again, mea culpa for confusing you with someone else.

• A Ha
    A Ha
    littlerockguy - Obama supporters and the mainstream media uses the term "conspiracy theorists" and "birthers" as buzzwords like the Watchtower Society uses the terms "apostates", which makes sense since both have cult followers.

OK so please answer a few quick questions:

• When Trump said, "Why doesn't he show his birth certificate? There's something on that birth certificate that he doesn't like," was he pushing a conspiracy theory?
    • When he said "He's spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. And I'll tell you what, I brought it up, just routinely, and all of a sudden a lot facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether or not he was born in this country," is that promoting a conspiracy theory?
    • Does the fact that he never shared what the "lot of facts" were make him a birther?
    • When he said, "He doesn't have a birth certificate, or if he does, there's something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now, somebody told me -- and I have no idea if this is bad for him or not, but perhaps it would be -- that where it says 'religion,' it might have 'Muslim.' And if you're a Muslim, you don't change your religion, by the way," was that trafficking in conspiracy theories?
    • Does the fact that he never told us who this "somebody" was who told him Obama's problem might be that his birth certificate has an entry for religion and that it's Muslim make him a regular old religious bigot, or a birther bigot?
    • Does the fact that he said, "I have people that have been studying [Obama's birth certificate] and they cannot believe what they're finding ... I would like to have him show his birth certificate, and can I be honest with you, I hope he can. Because if he can't, if he can't, if he wasn't born in this country, which is a real possibility ... then he has pulled one of the great cons in the history of politics," mean he's trafficking in conspiracy theories?
    • Does the fact that he never reveals who these "people" are, or what "they're finding" make him a truther?
    • Does the fact that he said, "His grandmother in Kenya said, 'Oh, no, he was born in Kenya and I was there and I witnessed the birth.' She's on tape. I think that tape's going to be produced fairly soon. Somebody is coming out with a book in two weeks, it will be very interesting," make it a conspiracy theory?
    • Does the fact that he never produced this tape make him a truther?

Now here things get a little more... conspiratorial. In late April, 2011 Obama produced his long form birth certificate, and Trump said he "believes that President Obama was born in the United States."

But then, afterward, he made the following statements publically:

A year later:

• "He didn't know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said ... He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia ... Now they're saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her, she said, 'Oh, I mean Hawaii.' Give me a break." Was Trump trafficking in conspiracy theories in repeating and commenting on this fake report?
    • When it came out that this was a fake report, does the fact that Trump didn't correct, recant, or apologize for his remarks mean he's a truther?
    • "A lot of people do not think it was an authentic certificate. ... Many people do not think it was authentic. His mother was not in the hospital. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if you would report it accurately I think you'd probably get better ratings than you're getting." Is it a conspiracy theory to claim "Many [unnamed] people..."?
    • Is implying that the news network he was giving an interview to (CNN) was not reporting "accurately" regarding Obama's birth certificate promoting a conspiracy theory?
    • Via Twitter: "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud." Does this make Trump a truther?
    • Is making his claims via "extremely credible sources," which he doesn't name, make him a conspiracy theorist?

Now almost two and a half years after Obama released his long form birth certificate, and Trump claimed to accept it, he says:

• "Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows." Is this taking advantage of the substantial portion of the US population who are not intelligent enough to see through conspiracy theory BS? I.... just... don't... know!
    • Does the fact that he doesn't name these "some people" make him a conspiracy theorist?
    • Via Twittter: "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived." Is this implying the woman who died was assassinated, or is he just sharing random thought of the day #1,323,418?

In a 2014 interview on Irish TV - three years after Obama released his birth certificate:

• "Well, I don't know -- did he do it? ... Well, a lot of people don't agree with you and a lot of people feel it wasn't a proper certificate."
    • Does the fact that he doesn't name these "lot of people" or explain why we should care about the random thoughts flitting like butterflies through their heads, mean he's trafficking in conspiracy theories?
    • "There are three things that could happen. And one of them did happen. He was perhaps born in Kenya. Very simple, OK? He was perhaps born in this country. But said he was born in Kenya because if you say you were born in Kenya, you got aid and you got into colleges. People were doing that. So perhaps he was born in this country, and that has a very big chance. Or, you know, who knows?" Does this make him a truther?

Which brings us to 2016, when he said, regarding Obama's country of birth:

• "Who knows about Obama? ... Who knows, who knows? Who cares right now?... I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I will write a book, I will do another book, and it will do very successfully."

So there you have a bunch of comments he made after 2011... this doesn't even include stuff from when the whole birther movement was at its strongest. And these are only comments from one public figure. As Nancy Pelosi recently said, what Trump has said is nothing compared to what many of the GOP members of the house and senate have said over the years.

Just buzzwords, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit