An explanation for the increase in anointed

by pirata 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Do you guys really believe the numbers they are reporting are "legit?" I have great trouble swallowing that one since there was almost always another anointed one in every Kingdom Hall I knew about and in one with a total of only 60 some publishers there were 5 or 6 of us. To even have a couple anointed ones was not unusual in this area. One time some of us contemplated having a barbeque for all of us - a party just to get acquainted with one another - and we had a list of 45 or so to invite within easy traveling distance - then we thought better of it. Didn't want to cause problems or raised eyebrows. Still wish we had had the party. But this list of names was collected from just four of us that used to pal around together - and imagine how it might have grown as each one we contacted suggested someone else they knew!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Another one admitted that they would have counted my tattoo, earring, cross-wearing freaky friend if he partook, as well as me, an opponent of all things WT. This seems dumb, if true, so the number is meaningless.

Unless something has changed since I left, they do not count everyone who partakes. The Society's instructions leave it up to the individual body of elders but make it clear they can "edit" based on their knowledge of circumstances. In congos I was in, memorial-night attendants were instructed not to challenge anyone who partook, but not to count anyone who did and was clearly delusional. A couple of times when I was asked to count partakers, I left out the whackjob sister who, in my humble opinion, wasn't fooling anybody. I stopped going to the memorial when I realized that none of the partakers were annointed with anything, except whatever ingredients are in batshitcrazy.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Do you guys really believe the numbers they are reporting are "legit?"

I do not, dear SOL (peace to you!). I think it's higher and has always been higher because they DON'T count everyone (i.e., Bible studies, children, visitors unknown to them). I'm not even sure if they count those who are DF'd (although I know I am counted, but it may depend on the congregation - some often play by their own rules).

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Saltyoldlady:

"Do you guys really believe the numbers they are reporting are "legit?" I have great trouble swallowing that one since there was almost always another anointed one in every Kingdom Hall . . ."

In my time (don't ask when) there would sometimes be one per congregation. The one in my congregation was really old.

As for believing the numbers what I find hard to believe is why they even bother recording the Memorial count and simply pull whatever figures they want out of the lower end of their intestinal tracts. At least they would have control of the numbers and make them go down. They'd have to do that slowly so they don't hit rock bottom too soon. Maybe 1/2% per year?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. and its hierarchal leaders will always spin doctrines to make themselves outwardly viable toward the public

and to their already culled followers. Remember this the only true religion that god channels to mankind.

Thats the GB job and responsibility to spin doctrines when necessary.

The new Generation doctrine was a recent spin as there will be more to follow as this organized cult continues on.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The lady who invited me (and possibly elder) said that they would count anyone and their dog who partook. They may be lying, misinformed, speaking opinion contrary to GB.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Could there not have been at least 100,000 baptised during the Apostolic times? Pentecost alone brought about 3,000 converts alone. Acts 2:40. Surelt these should be counted among the 144,000!!!

• godrulz
    godrulz

There are hundreds of millions of anointed sons of God. The WT is stupid, clueless on this caste system teaching. The blood of Christ fully saves all who call on Him (Jn. 14:1-2 we will be with him in heaven, not cleaning up this pig pen).

• wobble
    wobble

The WT/GB will stick with this illogical teaching of a literal 144,000 because it panders to their ego and their grasp on power. Same with the 1914 rubbish.

The figure of 144,000 would have been reached before the Apostles had all died in my opinion.

The thing is another example too of how judgemental they are, not counting some because they feel these ones are not worthy ?

Who gave them that right ? How can some Elder, or attendant, who is not one of Christ's brothers judge if someone else is or not ?

• watersprout
    watersprout
    So many come to the memorial and partake because they don't know any better.

My FIL said the exact same words to me when i questioned the growth of the emblem partakers. The dubbies all think the same. It makes me wonder how all of us managed to escape!

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit