An explanation for the increase in anointed

by pirata 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its just simple math that the stupid orchestraters of this cult weren't making notice of. That is where there is an increase of JWS around the world,

there will be an increase of delusional nut-jobs who are going to partake and claim themselves anointed......Duh

As its perceived with JWS, being chosen as one of the anointed is like a piece cake topped with icing.

The white sheet of righteousness becomes even bigger to which cover oneself with.

As another aspect of why there are more anointed then ever before, the volume amount of people that have been

JWS for a very long time as also increased substantial.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The explanation is really quite simple.

The WTS has killed the link between "generation" and 1914 which has led to a loss of urgency on the part of the rank and file. Despite what they say with their lips, in their hearts they know the end is not going to come in their lifetime and no army of white horses is going to ride in and save the day, so they are bound to die in this "present system of things." And that's a scary proposition, since so few planned for retirement and old age.

So, what the hell, if we're going to die we may as well go out annointed.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The explanation is that the teaching is wrong.

***does quite make sense what I said, butI was doing some lateral thinking, they aren't really anointed, hence it doesn't matter if the figures go up down or back to front.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Being or making people anointed with god just another vehicle to draw attention and cull followers.

Followers buy and sell their products and donate money to the organization.

Investment frauds work pretty much on the same principle, make elaborate promises toward individuals,

hold a carrot in front of them, push for money, make more promises for a period of time, continue to ask for money.

Its a continuing cycle with these cults, but for some its all worth the effort.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The two class system is patently false as is their 144K understanding. Reading much of the NT like it only applies to an elite few is a terrible paradigm. Seeing most of the NT as applying equally to every believer/disciple is what separates biblical Christianity from unbiblical WT.

The 144K are oddly taken as literal, while the same context (Jewish tribes) are taken as figurative?! This is an inconsistent, unwarranted hermeneutic. Rev. 6-19 is talking about the yet future Tribulation before Armageddon/Millennium, not WT, 1935, etc. The Great Crowd are martyred and before the throne in heaven. They will return at the end of the Trib and rule and reign with Christ over those who survive the Trib in natural bodies (heaven is not limited to a few, but the destiny of OT and NT saints during the Church Age). This is the Good News of the gospel, unlike the grievous passing of the emblems by everyone (Jn. 6 says you have no life in you if you do not partake and Jn. 3:3 NWT unless anybody...Jn. 1:12; I Jn. 5:1; Rom. 8:14 Are you led by the Spirit?).

I did point out that the number was increasing and I got a shrug from the elder. Another one admitted that they would have counted my tattoo, earring, cross-wearing freaky friend if he partook, as well as me, an opponent of all things WT. This seems dumb, if true, so the number is meaningless. It would not be hard to mobilize street people and church goers to crash the party and raise the number to millions of anointed ones (so-called). Would they count us all? (I chose to not partake in the sham memorial, but do so in my own church).

• Intel
    Intel

The Society has tried to cover their asses on this without looking like they're whining.

I think the only ones who really make an issue out of this anymore are those of us who notice the inconsistencies and the illogic of it all. Dubs still in and believing don't even notice.

I went to the Memorial this year and last. Last year they announced 10,000+ partook the previous year. This year they announced that 11,000+ partook last year. Unless I was sitting in a Poker Stars tournament and the place was full of poker faces, no one flinched, raised an eyebrow or looked puzzled. Odds are, they weren't really paying attention. The WTS is counting on that zombification and the twisting around the meaning of their doctrines to allow for an increase for the rare occasion when someone actually notices the number going up.

I love your humour, undercover! You owe me a new Dell Screen, by the way...

...but, what you've said is true! This reminds me of the Germans in Nazi Germany. For some time you could go along and think that this must be the coolest government in history...at the final days of war, it was clear that this was some shitty way to run a country and that these men where evil....and YET many closed their eyes, fantasized about a "coming back" and gave even MORE effort to the running war cause...unbelievable, but true.

They DON'T CARE, even if they told loudly that 100.000 new partakers showed up, they would "talk this away". Cognitive Dissonance is a powerful drug!

No, the King is NOT naked you dumb sh&%$

• laverite
    laverite

Lots of easy ways to explain it away. They are masters at mental acrobatics. You'd have to be to buy into that religion.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I think the only ones who really make an issue out of this anymore are those of us who notice the inconsistencies and the illogic of it all. Dubs still in and believing don't even notice.
    This is true, the bORG has done such a good job of putting their followers in a hypnotic state most don't see any problems with this at all.
  • AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

They're going to go back to their pre-1935 teaching where all should partake... which they will justify" by means of a "new understanding" to the affect that that it has only recently been revealed to them that all SHOULD partake... as all did in the first century and in the beginning of the organization... and that the reason for the delay in such "revelation" was so that the "little flock" could be gathered FIRST (with no one making any erroneous mistakes and thinking they are of that "fold" when they are not)... and THEN the "other sheep/great crowd" are gathered and allowed partake. They are going to say that the increase is "evidence" that full number of the "little flock" has indeed been filled and now it is the "great crowd" that are receiving "Jehovah's" blessing in a similar manner and being taken into the [New Covenant].

They will attempt to justify their decades of misleading people NOT to partake with the explanation that it was an "honest" mistake as holy spirit had not yet revealed it to the GB... but God knows who belongs to Him and so not partaking wasn't a big deal.

They will conclude with something to the affect that, "While we now understand that all should partake, this in no way changes the HOPE of such ones. The 'little flock' of 144,000 partake with a view to resurrection and eternal life with Christ in heaven, while the 'great crowd' partake with a view resurrection and eternal life on earth."

Yes, it's gonna cause huge problems, particularly for those whose loved ones died without partaking, those who wanted to partake all along but were talked out of it... and the greatest group: those who place a whole LOT of superstitious "fear" around partaking because of the WTBTS' false indoctrination regarding eating and drinking "unworthily."

Personally, I can't wait to see them try and get out of this corner they've painted themselves into.

I bid you all peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, aka a "delusional nutjob", according to some people...

• steve2
    steve2

You credit the JWs with possessing active brain cells. They live in their own closed-off, numb little world - especially the older ones who parrot the line that the partakers are declining in numbers. Astonishing.

Why should the GB bother to explain the increase in partakers when the rank and file sleep-walk their way through the Memorial and other meetings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit