An explanation for the increase in anointed

by pirata 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods
    They reopened heaven a few years ago.

Well, then they shouldn't be whining if the number of partakers go up - it is their own fault.

• snowbird
  • undercover
    undercover
    then they shouldn't be whining if the number of partakers go up - it is their own fault.

The Society has tried to cover their asses on this without looking like they're whining.

I think the only ones who really make an issue out of this anymore are those of us who notice the inconsistencies and the illogic of it all. Dubs still in and believing don't even notice.

I went to the Memorial this year and last. Last year they announced 10,000+ partook the previous year. This year they announced that 11,000+ partook last year. Unless I was sitting in a Poker Stars tournament and the place was full of poker faces, no one flinched, raised an eyebrow or looked puzzled. Odds are, they weren't really paying attention. The WTS is counting on that zombification and the twisting around the meaning of their doctrines to allow for an increase for the rare occasion when someone actually notices the number going up.

• What Now?
    What Now?

I agree with OnTheWayOuts observation. Only because this was nearly the exact same answer I received when I brought this up!

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Nearly everyone in the organization that's been there since before 1975 is barely multi-celled. Recently, at a meeting, an elderly woman commented the declining number of anointed indicates the end is drawing near. Huh? These people have no clue what's going on and they don't care. They didn't care about the truth when they were in their old religion, which is why they never took the time to read the Bible, study history, or research facts. While they've been transplanted into a new religion, they're still the same woefully apathetic, willfully ignorant, wastes of chromosomes they always have been.

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care.

• pirata
    pirata
    I agree with OnTheWayOuts observation. Only because this was nearly the exact same answer I received when I brought this up!

Hmmm... interesting. Didn't realize this was already the general concencus already. Oh well, so much for my new light...

• undercover
    undercover
    Recently, at a meeting, an elderly woman commented the declining number of anointed indicates the end is drawing near. Huh?

That's great...

I can see the old-timers making similar comments:

"The end has to be close. The generation of 1914 is all but gone."

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Have they ever acknowledged that some in the first and subsequent centuries were of the great crowd? Otherwise their numbers wont add up.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

An explanation for the increase in anointed.

• An increase in the number of psychotics in the organization.
    • Starvation and alcoholism amongst the witnesses. That's why they're tempted to partake of the emblems.
    • There's an increase in the number of worldly people coming to the Memorial. Some of them are partaking because they don't know better.
    • All of the above.
  • pirata
    pirata
    Have they ever acknowledged that some in the first and subsequent centuries were of the great crowd? Otherwise their numbers wont add up.

No, they think that most of the Christians over the past 2000 years have not been true ones. (have to find the reference).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit