Star Trek was pivotal to me growing up and here is the best of it, imo

by sabastious 46 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I saw this episode when I was a little kid and it has stuck with me since and will so until I die. I highly recommend taking the 42 minutes out of your life to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5DJW1kZckI

-Sab

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Dear sabastious, that was one of our favored episodes of TNG. We raised our kids on that show. My wife and I are of the old Star Trek generation. Totally ADD

• Lore
    Lore

I love that episode! I have the music from this one on my mp3 player. (Not ripped from the episode, someone actually did an orchestrated version with strings and stuff.)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I enjoyed TNG very much, didn't get into DS9 too much, found it far too inferior to Babylon 5 and while Voyage got my attention for a bit, I kind of lost intereste after awhile.

In reality, this is how I view Star Trek at it's best:

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Of course, Picard will always hodl a special place for me:

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

.Star Trek, the classic, is so important to me. It almost matches the Beatles in importance. I love how it creates instant community. Whene they made the first Star Trek film, pretty bad, I actually cried to see the reunion of family members. TNG was pretty good. Voyager - help me. DS9-okay. The prequel with Scott Bakula was bad. Decades of Star Trek viewing could not disclipme me to watch it more than occasionally. Peoople certainly know their Star Trek episodes.

I was in seventh grade when Star Trek first aired. Law school when the first film appeared. Very ill during the TNG, DS( and Voyager. Bored to death with Enterprise.

I was very wary of the last film. To my suprise, I found it better than most of the films. And the takes on the character defied Star Trek archives.

• Mary
    Mary

OK, I admit.....I actually cried at the end of "The Inner Light" the first time I saw it. This one, along with Yesterday's Enterprise, and of course, The City on the Edge of Forever, were the absolute best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmk7jCbETIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU3B_5hVsns&feature=related

• sabastious
    sabastious
    OK, I admit.....I actually cried at the end of "The Inner Light" the first time I saw it.

I did too, and I am ashamed to admit that.

-Sab

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

That episode did Move me the first time I saw it....

I grew up on the Original Star Trek.....

Next Generation took me some time for me to like......

Q was my favorite Character he was so Evil but so funny!

Maybe I shed a tear on that episode...or it was Allergies.....Crying 1

• TD
    TD

I watched TNG but somehow missed that one. I can see why you liked it. One of the best by far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit