The trouble with Christianity. TRINITY.

by whereami 209 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@godrulz

You're a broken record, regurgitating what your church has told you. You honestly believe you have access to information nobody else here does? Do you really believe the people here have never heard the arguments you make, often made better and with more solid scriptural support? We've done the research, read the scriptures, weighed the evidence. Most JWs and ex-JWs - and people left alone to read the Bible without a church twisting what they read - come to the conclusion that the Trinity doctrine is false and insults the Creator by equating him to his subservient son. If something as simple as a father/son relationship eludes your understanding, I find it difficult to believe you're going to mentally overpower anybody here by saying the same crap over and over.

JWs aren't the only ones who realize the Trinity is a false doctrine, just like Hellfire. Both of those teachings began to fall by the wayside after the Reformation until the "fundamentalist" surge started and Southern ignoramuses who have never read the Bible except for the Trinity and Hell "proof texts" were beaten into them via repetition (kind of like what you're doing). The fact that you're lurking here, repeating the same thing implies you believe we're so weak-minded that your repetition is all it will require for us to change a fundamental doctrinal belief. You just state this garbage, as if we all secretly know it to be true, but probably most people here know from personal research (gasp! independently from the Watchtower) that the Trinity is a lie invented by some nuts in the Catholic Church who made the most noise and got a belief held by a tiny minority made into Church orthodoxy.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The trinity and hell are rooted in Scripture and the first century. Russell was a rationalist who put his own false view of what God should be like ahead of revelation. My view is not based on a Church, but the Bible. I will defend it from Scripture properly translated (unlike NWT) and interpreted (unlike GB).

• Georges.
    Georges.

Hello

I do not think the trinity is based and founded on the Bible

I believe God is like the atmosphere and the air we breathe

Jesus is so much like an entity of the air

But, nitrogen , carbon dioxide and oxygen sétarately is not taken air

George

• designs
    designs

gr-

If you have to ask 'What contradictions' you really haven't spent the time to study the Trinity Doctrine.

• Terry
    Terry

The trouble with Christianity: APOSTLES!

Why in the world did Jesus bother having specially chosen Apostles?

They didn't understand anything he taught them. They seemed to be clueless. (Eager, but clueless.)

He used parables/illustrations and constantly taught/preached/instructed without much success (as far as understanding.)

What was the point?

WHAT GOOD WERE APOSTLES?

After Jesus death and resurrection it was PAUL (not a personally instructed Apostle during Jesus ministry) who had to CLARIFY just about

EVERYTHING (apparently) concering doctrine, dogma and such to the Jerusalem "governing body" who seem to be slow on the uptake.

Paul wrote the first Jesus-related writings in the form of clearly-defined interpretations of Jesus "meaning."

The Gospels followed afterward. (Supposedly attributed to Apostolic sources.)

IF JESUS were God, wouldn't he make that clear to specially chosen representatives who were to teach and instruct others as to proper worship?

It doesn't seem like Jews were particularly receptive to non MONOTHEISTIC ideas (Trinity).

Only GENTILE PAGANS (Paul came from a greek background) embraced demi-god status as a matter of course.

Should we be concerned about all this?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@godrulz

Ahh... A fire-and-brimstone Trinitarian. You speak in tongues and handle snakes, too? So not only did your god die, but he's evil too. Now, you want a religious book that teaches Hell, read the Qur'an, but the Bible most certainly does not.

I realize you perceive yourself as a "teacher" here, so it's probably a total waste of time to talk to you, since someone in that frame of mind refuses to hear anything. It's kind of like trying to talk to a JW who comes to your door. I don't live in the territory of my congregation, so Witnesses knock on my door who don't know me. I am a Witness and can't reason with these people from the Bible, even having calm, rational Bible discussions with them. You come here with preconceived ideas that everyone who's ever been a JW is a brainwashed dolt who can't read, since obviously we don't understand what the Bible clearly says.

In reality, I submit anyone who believes in a burning Hell has never read the Bible. And if they have read the Bible, they weren't paying attention and have the worst reading comprehension imaginable, because you learn about Hell in church, not in the Bible. You have overlaid the Bible with church doctrine and rather than seeing what it actually says, you're regurgitating the same unscriptural vomit your church has fed you. These are the two main reasons people decide to become Jehovah's Witnesses and the two main reasons people who become frustrated with Jehovah's Witnesses can't find another church to go to. Not only does the Trinity reduce Almighty God to the level of his son, but the Hellfire doctrine maligns him as an evil tyrant who created an entire species of humans just to torture the vast majority for eternity.

I don't worship your evil man-god, so we're not even close to being on the same page. I worship the God of the Bible, in spirit and truth. So many times, you call Jesus a liar with both of these heretical doctrines, yet you still call yourself a Christian. Your claim of Christianity while holding those ideas (one ridiculous and the other horrible) is known as a false-flag attack. You are exactly the type of person who alienate people from God entirely with man-made doctrine. You seriously need to sit down with a Bible and empty your mind of all the garbage that has been shoveled into it by your church and discover the true God, because with the understanding you have of him, you're not even in the ballpark.

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Oh Terry and Wontleave - I LOVE YOU! You made my day. You have me laughing so hard my sides are hurting.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If we are made in the image of God and we are a trinity (mind, body and spirit) then perhaps God too is a Trinity.

Personally I think that if people REALLY want to discuss doctrine then they should study the history of said doctrines and not just their own opinion of what they THINK the doctrine means.

But where would the fun be in that? LOL !

If Christ was not "of the same substance as God" then someone should have told Paul and the beloved disciple, LOL !

• LV101
    LV101

ahhh, YES --- the trinity discussion still going. WHAT A GREAT THREAD! hope this continues and i finally GET IT! for the life of me i can't comprehend trinity and have a relative (thru marriage and she's a nutbag) at xmas time who plays the abusive trinity scholar so have decided to only go around her once every other yr., if that. she is right about the watchtower being a dangerous cult but since i'm not big on trinity --- she accuses me of not believing the bible - DUH!

i'm going to copy these posts as my homework to start preparing.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

we are a trinity

We are? Speak for yourself, Sybil. We've all heard the anecdotal "evidence" for the Trinity: Egg=shell, white, yolk, etc. Problem is, according to the Trinity, each part is completely God. The mind isn't a person without the body and vice-versa. Neither is the shell fully an egg; it's compost.

Anyone who believes the Trinity is simple and obvious is totally delusional. Read the Athenasian Creed for the definition of Trinity. If you don't believe that, then you don't believe the Trinity and you're just making up your own doctrine as you go (which is pretty much what most Trinitarians do, because the doctrine is ridiculous and insane).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit