The trouble with Christianity. TRINITY.

by whereami 209 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Men are the problem, yes. But men also penned the books in the bible, as scribes and translators. Christ is the Word of God, though. I know its hard to think that we would have heard about him without the bible, but I believe we would have. Through people speaking of Him, and through the Spirit. I can't prove that, but as long as someone was listening, then I believe we would have heard God speaking through His Son, in spirit.

Remember, Paul learned nothing through the bible, or even through the other apostles and disciples. (nothing he agreed with anyway) And yet, he learned about Christ from Christ, himself.

You won't get an argument from near anyone here about the WT books not being authoritative revelation, though. People here tend to know that already, or at least are on their way to discovering it.

Tammy

• godrulz
    godrulz

God bless, tec, in your faith journey. May you know the true Prince of peace if you do not already.

• tec
    tec

Thank you, godrulz. Peace to you in Christ.

Tammy

• designs
    designs

'the true Prince of peace' who promises to return and wipe out humanity not once but twice......... its in da Bible.

• tec
    tec

The Prince of Peace who returns to gather together those who belong to him - and the sheep - into the Kingdom. He protects them from those who have done and would do them harm by keeping the 'goats' out. When those same people ride out to destroy the ones inside the Kingdom and take it for themselves by force, fire from God consumes them... again in order to protect. I can't imagine that you have something against protecting the innocent, Designs, from those who would harm them.

Tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear jah1914...

the concept of God as a triune God is first eluded to in genesis 1:1-3...

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep.

And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

love michelle

• designs
    designs

tec-

Thor is on the war wagon again. Maybe who the 'Innocent' are needs to be revisited, Christians have done a marvelous job swinging the Axe against 'them' for a few millennium.

If the Bible's God or Jesus thought things were really so bad why are they waiting, do they need the body count to rise to x number of feet before they exercise their God Power to right all the wrongs.

• tec
    tec
    Maybe who the 'Innocent' are needs to be revisited, Christians have done a marvelous job swinging the Axe against 'them' for a few millennium.

Claiming the title Christian doesn't necessarily make you one. "But Lord, Lord, didn't we (insert whatever here) in your name?" And He will reply, "I never knew you! Away from me you evildoers."

Why does God wait?

You would have to ask Him, but we can have some ideas. Out of mercy - God is not willing to lose any of those who belong to Him. Perhaps they have not all come to Him yet. (well, obviously, imo) I know that I would like more time to help my children learn right from wrong, to learn to show mercy and forgiveness. As well with other people in my life. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that way. Either way, He alone knows when the time is right. He sees the big picture. We see just a tiny little portion and even then, we rarely see it clearly.

Tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "Which is why I say that it is Christ who needs to be embraced, more than the bible. The bible can be a tool to help, but it can also hinder, as you say."...

Jesus taught the jewish people to embrace Himself (Jesus Christ) as the long awaited Messiah...when paul preached the gospel to the gentiles he taught that the gentiles should "turn" or repent or embrace the living God.

But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them, who in bygone generations allowed all nations to walk in their own ways. (acts 14:14-16)

love michelle

• godrulz
    godrulz

wontleave....you said the tetra was not in the NT (I agree), but that is not what the WT has taught (they say it was removed from LXX and NT Greek, a completely false conspiracy theory based on the evidence). You question my credibility as a non-JW, but I question yours as a former JW still indoctrinated with too many of its errors:

http://jehovah.net.au/jehovah.html (can someone put that in a link?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit