there are 2 classes of ex Jehovahs witnesses

by the max 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

wontleave...Not trying to be argumentative or anything....just curious how you concluded this.

Most are thrown out for allowing their trashy personality to get the best of them and lapsing into totally unacceptable behavior.

Subjectivity of "trashy personality" aside, I think "totally unacceptable behavior" might be a stretch....even if we use the jw yardstick of acceptability.

That's because they are constantly manufacturing sins. It's just like the Salem witch trials. There is a sense of relief, superiority, camaraderie, and fear of leaving every time a witch is hung. It's what keeps the congregational culture alive and together.

For example, I was deemed unfit for being in my sister's wedding party because I was allegedly seen smoking. I had not been smoking. Someone made that up just to be petty and spiteful.

I know a handful of ex-jws who were disassociated at age 13 for unfounded accusations of fornication and drug use. [DA is what they did at that time for unbaptized members.] I could go on....

So subtract the manufactured sins.

Subtract what is generally acceptable behavior, miscategorized by the wts.

We're left with "some".

• White Dove
    White Dove

I always thought that XJW's were split between the ones who had the hellish hope ruling with Satan and those with the earthly hope only feeling the effects of hell while being ruled over by elders.

• the max
    the max

Hey you lot are too balanced and insightfull to have been in the Corp, In my humble opinion there is more sanity and tolerance, here, than I ever experienced in MOTHER. I have tried to inform my ex collegues to come here and become enlightened.However they need to keep up appearences cos they have familly inside,blah blah. Anyhow can I please thank you all for your responses, food for thought. The Max

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE MAX:

Human beings being what they are, I am not surprised that ex-JWs will clique off into groups they are comfortable with. If you have ever attended a party or office get-together anywhere, etc. you will see that after fifteen minutes or so, people will start to group off with those they know or feel comfortable with. It is interesting to watch. In the meantime, try not to let ex-JW behavior get you down. You say you are happily married and that is good. You can join other groups and not just ex-JWs. I, for one, don't necessarily want to be around only ex-JWs because I don't want to be constantly reminded about the religion. I want to put it all behind me.

WONT LEAVE:

I know where you are coming from when you mention that certain JWs pay homage to "unlettered and ordinary" as if ignorance and stupidity are fruits of the spirit. This used to piss me off to no end. While I do admit that a person with an advanced education and career is not inherently 'better' than somebody who doesn't, this doesn't mean that being illiterate or functionally literate means a person is 'noble' in some way. Far from it. Very often it is because they are downright lazy and did not want to better themselves. When they found the JW religion, they found a home. But, the religion has an agenda in wanting ignorant people. Quite simply, they are afraid of educated people and there is an underlying prejudice in the congregations against people who are educated or professional. I always got the sense that there were people in the religion who wanted to take them down a few pegs. I saw this for what it was: just plain jealousy.

You see a lot of similar attitudes in our sick society today. I am particularly annoyed at people who imagine if you are not sleeping-around with everybody that you must have 'issues'. Even if you use good grammar some will think you are a snob in some way. It is a sad world we live in.

• Violia
    Violia

Won't leave

your first comments are racist and bigoted.

• Violia
    Violia

"I have to agree with Outlaw. The GB does cause 99% of their problems. When I was a elder I learned more about imoral sex than I ever learned at work on a construction site. Also many people whom become JW come from very disfunctional back grounds such as "drugs, sex addication, drinking, grambling, being very violent and so on." Then many who are born-ins are raised by such people who may try their best to bring up their kids but don't have the right skillful tools to do so. With that and much more in mind the GB in their WT or KM give counsel to them on don't do this and don't do that. Always bringing up these things. Its like you have a friend who is a alcoholic who been on the wagon for many years. Every time your friends comes over to see you all you talk about is how bad it is to drink. What effect do you think it has on this person who is fighting alcoholism. This is the same with what goes on in WT land. I remember when I was 17 years old they had a talk on the service meeting about oral copulation. Most did'nt have a idea what they were talking about except younger married couples. With that thought fresh in their heads guess what happen that night in bed. All of us who leave this cult are adults. As adults we have to work hard on making right choices to govern our lifes. Whatever the choice is we have to pay the consequnces for that decision we made. Are there two classes of ex JW? There are probably even more of various shades. The important thing is what choices are we personally going to make with our new lives? Totally ADD"

Ditto, got it so right.

• QuitWastingTIME
    QuitWastingTIME

wontleave and cantleave I think are actually both right, though wontleave's comment might be a little harsh, I tend to have to agree with him. i'm not gonna say "trash" but definitely i can see what he's talking about. if it isn't the typical "trash" it's the intellectual trash that allows themselves to be thought FOR. any religion, group, cult, whatever has them. you know the people: they weren't trailer trash but they heard someone say dinosaurs didn't exist, so they believe it and spread it around. same kind of people who spread unverified chain emails. Yeah, I'm homsechooling my kid, but I dare say she is already more intelligent and talented than at least 85% of the human population. she presents the next level in psycho, socio, and physical evolution. but hey, she's my kid, right? Just kidding, guys, relax.

Anyway, both sides present some very interesting things for me to ponder over for a while. shame though. I was once just as susceptible as the rest of the trash. and wontleave, what a way you have with words... i like it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Now, it's time to leave these losers behind.

My exact same sentiments, when people act in a irresponsible manner, wherever they are or whatever organization they used to belong to, dump them

like garbage, for your own well being and piece of mind.

Its quite common to see newly exited JWS to act in a very crude and irresponsible manner, all that oppression and control by the WTS.

comes out like a bull in a China Shop.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

I became inactive chiefly because of illness . . . and was left alone from day one.

It prompted me to re-evaluate, and my family and I concluded it was a cult and we weren't going back.

Since then I have eagerly awaited contact for my "sins" . . . in WT eyes being a rabid apostate. I even posted a thread here asking how I could invite attention. The best idea I got was to stand outside the KH with a sign saying "Millions Now Living Will Never Get Laid" . . . not my style.

So all I got of value was a spanking from Mr Flipper.

I finally had to conclude (as many posters pointed out) . . . that in spite of 25 years in the cult . . . they don't give enough of a shit about me to even DF me.

I am in no doubt that is the same reason your "friends" are enjoying their percieved "status" . . . their a joke!

Wear your DF like a badge of honour . . . compared to them, that's what it is . . . as for me . . . I'm jealous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit