there are 2 classes of ex Jehovahs witnesses

by the max 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

First of all, you have to realize that people are no different in or out of the congregation. Even though JW's say they're special, they're not at all special, they deal with the same problems, desires and people than the rest of us. People are going to be stupid, do drugs, live hedonistic lifestyles both in the world or as JW's.

Second of all, you're hanging out with the same people you were in the congregation with. Many of them simply rebel against what they have been thought their whole life and think they're invincible. They had the same desires to do this in the congregations but it is suppressed instead of helped resulting in deviants.

Third, many JW's are a bit slow in the head or have other mental issues, they're behavior is not representative for the rest of us with an IQ over 100. Simply count the people in your congregations who were bipolar, take regular mood-altering drugs (painkillers, anti-depressants), are depressed or are just plain crazy. Then also count the people that couldn't or didn't want to complete high school or even an associates degree. I did a rough count today and I came to 50% confirmed cases of diagnosed mental illness (where meds or guidance is recommended by their doctor), 75% of them did not have even 2 years of college and I live in a fairly well-off urban area.

• jeckle
    jeckle

I agree with pirata and other similar posts. But I want emphasize thatthese guys you're hanging with have definite issues .Suppressed desires or something. Honestly ask yourself what you want out of life. I've been on both sides of the issues asked and from my experience you can't trust people like that whether exjw or excatholic or athiest or anything its just the hard parting lifestyle is no good for the user or the bystander. Next like has been said exjw's come in every shape and size.Like others i left because of false doctrine( I can't be half a jw the religion is not a half'ers religion just listen to any talk). i still believe in morality as do many others. I do believe there are those that left to fool around but hang on to most of the beliefs. I can't live that way.Others can I got too much to do worry about it. I should tell you I sowed my wild oats a while back and I lived a life where I looked over my shoulder that was not freedom. Being a witness has that affect on some if the conditions are rwrong one might trade the cult mind control for addictive control.Con quien andas te digo quien eres.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

Theres probably several types of ex JW'S but Ive found their all a little nuts n/o intended and i include myself in this but we have issues I avoid meeting ex witnesses I dont already know becuase I dont trust them. A lot of them are like jam was talking about and I cant stand it they judge you and hypocritically try to bring you back into the fold. Ive even heard of ex witnesses telling elders on witnesses or people trying to fade or disasociate to elders. Some of my best friends are other ex witnesses who left around the same time I did and ive reached out to others but most of the time it doesnt end well :-s were just all going through our own process and if another isnt on the same page as you it can be a disaster

• jeckle
    jeckle

yep freedom I here that I think I will only try with ones i know don't want back. Because I don't answer to those people anymore and resent anyone imposing it on me. Defiant like a furion

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I totally agree with you on your 3rd. point Anony Mous. In our last congregation of 80 pub. we had 8 people with Bipolar. And many others who were a few blocks shy of a load. This woke me up to the major problem the WT has. Most people who are coming in are suffering with these mental disabilites. I personally see the WT is close to a breaking point in dealing with these people as a whole. The elders are not trained in dealing with this. Good point you made. Totally ADD

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I was one of those nasty critters for decades.

Until us born-ins fully understand that the WT was not selected to be God's channel we are damaged goods and are better left in the gutter where we belong. Stay away from us. Protect your friends and families from us. We are bad news. We need psychiatric care, and if you are here asking questions, you don't know how to help. Run away.

Cheers

Chris

• Honesty
    Honesty

Many of the guys do drugs,(I dont, I like sport) , most live very hedonistic lifestyles

Dump those losers and make some new friends.

I have one ex-JW friend who was born in the cult and left because of their crazy doctrines.

My ex-JW friend lives a lifestyle that is completely opposite of your ex-JW friends. No drugs, no alcohol, no illicit sex, no judgemental attitude except towrds the Gubnin Buddy.

My other friends have never been involved with that satanic cult.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Well your close..... I done a study of exjws and in "truth" there is 3,467 different kinds of exjws.....

I hope this helps with your generalization.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Responding to many of the posts, some or most, whatever your perception is, need that center or moral compass the WTBTS offers.

Unfortunately, those that "go crazy" when they leave give the rest of us a bod name.

And what is even worse are those that return and tell them now horrible it was out there and they just had to come back to Jehovah.

This design in the WTBTS doctrine is very much on purpose so the errant one has no other options but to return to the Kingdom Hall in order to have some semalence of a life.

Only those who can get out and make new friends who are comparable to them in their true morals can survive. Some people do let their hair down for a time after exiting, but if they can get their feet under them and really find so people on the outside whom they clock with can and do survive. This message board I am sure has helped many.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

There are many "classes" of XJWs. Some of the younger XJWs leave the organization

and its restrictions to indulge in all sorts of activities they were denied. Others, forsake

God and the Bible because of their disappointment in the Watchtower. Still others join

churches to have continued fellowship with believers.

When my wife and I left, we found we could channel our energy into helping our

neighbors. It allowed us to forget our painful experiences in the organization,

but still do good toward those in need. If one gives of oneself, it becomes a

fulfilling life where friends are never in short supply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit