Terry's not the only one.....

by journey-on 31 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

...that can ask "what would you choose" hypothetical questions. I hope he'll answer mine.

What would you do if science proved beyond any doubt that there is an afterlife where one's consciousness gets uploaded to another dimension at the time of death and your "soul" carries on (like a caterpiller morphing into a new form as a butterfly) in that new dimension.

Wait....I'm not through:

At the same time that science confirms this, they also discover the biological cause for aging and death and discover methods of rejuvenation to keep one healthy, young, and strong for eternity here in this physical dimension.

Which one would you choose?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"beyond any doubt that there is an afterlife" <----- Need more info. Is it pleasant?

• White Dove
    White Dove

What leavingwt said.

I was going to choose the afterlife.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ask me again when I'm 447.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "beyond any doubt that there is an afterlife" <----- Need more info. Is it pleasant?

We only know your consciousness continues. Just like our physical dimension, we are not able to see the future, so we can't say whether it is pleasant or not.

How does this change your choice?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    How does this change your choice?

If it's an unkown, then I'd prefer to just keep living as a human.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry the question is fundamentally flawed.

Science will not prove an afterlife - there ain't one!

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah I agree with LWT. "Better the devil you know...." and all that.

When the physical life would become boring or unbearable, it would be comforting to know you could just jump off a cliff to end it all and wake up "on the other side".

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

There is already a mountain of scientific evidence, much of it discovered within the last ten years, that consciousness survives death of the physical body.... The Russian researchers Fosar and Bludorf are leaders in this field....

Russian DNA Discoveries http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/dna1.html

Transition to the age of frequencies

http://www.fosar-bludorf.com/archiv/schum_eng.htm

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If I am understanding the premis, science discovers that the afterlife is actually a different universe/dimesion of existence, yes?

Well, I would tend to agree that, IF science can prolong this life and, more importantly perhaps, the quality of life HERE, why would you risk an "afterlife" that could be worse?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit