Does Anyone Know How To Drain Blocked Inner Ears?

by Low-Key Lysmith 45 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Many people seem to be offering suggestions about putting something in your ear. This won't help with *middle* ear fluid buildup. The eardrum basically seals off the ear canal from the middle ear. The middle ear drains through the eustachian tubes.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I cleared a long time sinus infection using the neti pot thingy. It does work. You might have to do it a few times, though.

S

• ballistic
    ballistic

I get this after everytime I have a cold or the flu and it goes away after about 2 weeks on it's own. Although to tell you sdomething totally gross, I awoke while laying on my back in the night after one cold and it was draining itself down through the back of the nose and down my throat - quite a lot of it.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Try an onion, drwtsn

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

OMG, I forgot the main point. The pilot told me the ear drum can explode with agonizing pain and permanent hearing loss. Pilots have doctors just to evaluate them. The airlines excuse them from flying if they are more than minimally congested. Even if my ears are not blocked, some of the worse pain of my life happened on airplanes. It rarely happens but it is a lifelong memory b/c of the pain. The flight attentdants heat up washclothes in a microwave. They put the hot washcloth in a styrofoam cup and you just sit there in agony. The heat does not seem to help the pain. It seems more like a mommy, kiss the boo boo, flannel cloth, wet cloth on forehead gimmick.

Thank God, it has always been very short flights. The plane will not make an emergency landing to get you help. There are no strong opiates or tranquilizers to knock you out. If you value your hearing, please wait for the infection to runs its course.

When I banged my head, the eardrum burst. I had total hearing lost in one ear for a month. Doctors told me it would come back but would be impaired. Tests confirmed this. It was an ordeal.

Yet I repeat my observation. If a strategic summit were planned with important foreign leaders, would Obama stay home b/c of congestion? The ENT sucking it out is awesome.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The flights went without incident. I took Mucinex-D to thin the fluid and relax the Eustacian tube tissue. My wife also bought me these special earplugs called EarPlanes. I wore these from the moment the plane door closed until it opened again upon landing. There was a lot of bubbling going on. I made sure to chew the hell out of gum during take-off & landing. There was no pain, and I'm pretty sure it actually helped drain some of the fluid. I can hear a lot better now & the "underwater" effect has subsided considerably.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Snort a pinch of cayenne.

Have a box of tissues handy.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Thats great!

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

Yikes! I put cayenne in my neti pot before, couldn't stop sneezing!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

You still sneeze?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit