Does Anyone Know How To Drain Blocked Inner Ears?

by Low-Key Lysmith 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I just got over a bad sinus infection. Both of my inner ears are filled with fluid as a result. I simply cannot get them to drain. I have to get on an airplane tomorrow morning and I'm afraid of what is going to happen when the air pressure changes. I'm hoping the pressure doesn't blow my eardrums out.

Any advice?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

well, ask the dr at the airport to see his or her opinion to see if it is good idea for you to fly tomorrow. I am not sure if the airport employs a doctor. Where I worked before had a doctor in the workplace, but it was not in the airport though.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

maybe you will need ear plugs. ?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Might try an allergy pill.

They dry out everything.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I've never had this problem myself, but I've heard that heating an onion in its skin and then cutting it in half and holding it to the ear works. The fumes from the onion penetrate the ear and dissolve the fluid. (make sure it's not too hot, obviously)

*and ummm followed by a dram of single malt of course

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Thanks for the advice. I've heard of the onion thing and blow dryer methods before. I just watched a youtube video about using a neti pot with warm water and some nasal spray, so I'm going to try that.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Have you tried a decongestant, Or claritin or zyrtec I know they dried my daughters ears up

when she had that problem

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm a little reluctant to try the decongestant thing. I've heard that they can make the fluid thicker, and therefore, harder to drain. I don't know though. First time this has happened to me.

Poopsie: Now you KNOW I'm trying the Single Malt method.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I hope all goes well on your flight, maybe an airline attendant can help

if you get to uncomfortable, I'm sure they have had plenty of experience

with people havin' ear discomforts on flights

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm also a little worried that the change in pressure might actually cause them to drain. That could be both gross and embarrassing at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit