Does Anyone Know How To Drain Blocked Inner Ears?

by Low-Key Lysmith 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Have you thought of having a small thermo-nuclear device implanted?

It will drain the blockage, but there are a few side effects, though.

Sorry. My bad.

Farkel

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I dunno Farkel. If this goes on much longer, I may consider something that drastic. I'm tired of everything sounding like I'm under water.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I'm also a little worried that the change in pressure might actually cause them to drain. That could be both gross and embarrassing at the same time. "

if they drain, cotton balls can help with that , just don't pack the cotton in your ear

just use it to absorb the fluid , keep in touch and let us know how everything went

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Have you tried using saline spray? It can help dilute the thick gunk and start up drainage--without the "rebound" and other side effects of decongestants.

Sometimes yawning when the plane climbs and descends will ease congested ears, but that may not be enough for a sinus infection.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Try the onion thing - I'm dying to know if it works!!

• Glander
    Glander

Not sure if this is the same as what is often called 'swimmers ear" when water gets way inside and won't come out. A sure cure is to have someone put a few drops of plain old 70% rubbing alcohol in the affected ear while laying on your side. I used the method a couple of times and the relief is immediate.

• talesin
    talesin

use one of those devices where you pour salt water into one nostril and let it drain out the other -- it works.

t

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Well, poopsie, I tried it. No results and my ears smell bad. Thanks for nuthin'.

Glander: I think that's when you get water next to the exterior side of the eardrum. Mine is on the inside.

• the pharmer
    the pharmer

Low-Key,

You have a PM

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was forced to disembark from a plane on my way to surgery because of this problem. Anthistamines, nasal sprays, neti pots might help. If you can see an ENT, they can put a probe down and suck it out. They will only do that in an emergency, though. I've begged to have it done because of the pressure on my ears.

Do not bang your ears! I just could not take the pain and thought it would drain and equalize that way. My hearing loss in that ear is bad. Besides, they were still blocked.

When my ears have such pressure on them, it is hard not to bang them in despair. Sometimes I feel like bribing a doctor. I was in a tremendous rush to make scheduled surgery. The pilot was available, pre 9/11. I asked him a hypothetical question concerning blocked ears. Soon I was exiting the plane and cancelling surgery. Personally, don't tell me pilots, stewardess, and navigators don't have a way of equalizing the pressure. I can see a major airline diverting traffic b/c someone's allergies are aggravated. I am convinced there is a remedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit