Temporarily tired of JW boyfriend. Should I: a) leave

by SEL 54 Replies latest social relationships

• dgp
    dgp

Oracle, I tried to do that. It went VERY bad. I respect your opinion, but mine is that sometimes people should not try to prolong agony.

• SEL
    SEL

update

have decided to leave. thank you all for your advice and most of all, patience!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Your life will improve when you DUMP the LOSER.

• jgnat
    jgnat

A boquet of flowers for SEL. My fellow single sisters at my old church had a saying, "What is a ro-tick? It's romance without the man!" Go and do something nice for yourself, just because you deserve it!

DahliaDew

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

SEL...

Glad you figured it out.

I was raised a JW.... was in it deep. I left about 4 years ago. A couple of years later I met the girl who is now my fiancee-- and she was never a JW. I can tell you if I had tried to date her (or anyone not a JW) earlier in my exit process, it never would have worked. I had to mentally free myself from the religion before I could, in fairness, be with someone never of that faith. I was lucky... she helped me release the last tendrils of the Organization. I would have done it without her, I had been out long enough... but it was great she was patient with me.

The guy you were dating.... he has to figure it out on his own first. If he does, then maybe he stands a chance with a non-Witness. Otherwise, as someone else said, he could revert back if placed under pressure. Bad combo.

Hang around if you like, lots of non-JW discussions happen here. If not, glad you joined us for a moment in your life.

Best wishes.

Snakes (Rich )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit