VIDEO. Violent bloody protest at the Memorial in Burgas, Bulgaria. 2011

by 3Mozzies 56 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Mob violence is disgusting and cowardly. If you google "George Drakaliev" the local leader of the Bulgarian VMRO party this thread is the top hit. There are calls for a full police investigation and for arrests to be made on the basis of this video evidence. It makes Bulgaria look like the wild west.

The JW community will be loving this news as it gets around the grapevine.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This may be a cliche but I believe it. "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" attributed to Voltaire.

If we ever gave a nod or a wink to this kind of behaviour we would demean ourselves. These sort of battles are won by force of argument intelligence and logic not brute force.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Dirty thuggish bastards.

I recall reading somewhere how when the Soviets needed some "wet work" (assassinations, bombings, murders, etc.) carried out that they used the Bulgarians to do it. Apparently Bulgaria's security apparatus and political groups were especially vicious.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That was shocking and uncalled for. It must have been terrifying for those entering the memorial. By the looks of the crowd, most of them have never been Witnesses and are just there for the sport of it.

Sadly, the Watchtower will seize on this as proof they are being persecuted for the sake of the truth and write about it in some Watchtower, when what happened is in no way unique. Religious groups are persecuted around the world for their beliefs, because religion incites hatred against others that believe differently.

• metatron
    metatron

Bulgaria, huh?

Wasn't that the country in which the Watchtower Society blatantly lied to authorities about the blood transfusion issue, to get legally recognized?

Yeah, how sad...

metatron,

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Is this part of Koolaid-man's "world-wide protest"?

Just kidding. This was not a protest, this was pure hatred and violence. Not necessary.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Latest info:

Five followers of the Jehovah Witnesses sect have been injured late Sunday night in a clash with activists of the nationalist VMRO party.

The incident happened in the Black Sea city of Burgas, in front of the Jehovah Witnesses House of Prayer, where VMRO staged a protest rally.

The injuries are reported as light; furniture and equipment inside the House have been damaged and broken.

10 people are under arrest – all from VMRO, including the party's regional leader, Georgi Drakaliev, the Burgas police say. All are going to be questioned.

The protest rally against the Jehovah Witnesses was scheduled for 7 pm Sunday. The VMRO announcement was addressed to the "Chernomorets" football team fen club – "The Blue Sharks," the "Neftohimik" football team fen club, the Union "Patriot," and others. Police are still investigating who were the exact participants in the brawl and who instigated it.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=127400

• White Dove
    White Dove

How scary! I'm thinking of the time when I was a single mom of 2 kids going to the khall.

I'd be so scared for my babies and my life.

This was so senseless and hate filled.

I hope the five who were injured heal quickly.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

No. No. No. Cowards. This is not how the WTS is going to be defeated.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the jws have civil rights also-this kind of mob action should be stopped.it appears the police allowed it to happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit