VIDEO. Violent bloody protest at the Memorial in Burgas, Bulgaria. 2011

by 3Mozzies 56 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm very happy to see that no one here has condoned this type of violence. It is just as bad or worse than what some accuse and blame JWs for doing.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

That's horrible! Growing up I was always afraid something like this would happen during a meeting or Memorial. No matter what your disagreement is with the ORGANIZATION, it's wrong to take it out on the ADHERENTS, who (although they claim to have free will) really have minimal control over how they think and act.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Watchtower Piss`s people off..And..JW`s get the Beating..Same Old Same Old..........If your going to Protest the WBT$ go to Bethel..JW`s have no say in the WBT$ Laws that Govern Them...........Thats why I don`t support Protests at Kingdom Halls..It`s Pointless.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• JeffT
    JeffT

I hated the violence, and my first thought was that the people in the hall probably went home and talked about how they are persecuted because they have the truth. Totally counter productive.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I hated the violence, and my first thought was that the people in the hall probably went home and talked about how they are persecuted because they have the truth. Totally counter productive.

Exactly...if the VMRO wants to protest, they should do it peacefully. Don't assault them, that just makes them look like victims, which is what JWs want! What n00bs!

• QuitWastingTIME
    QuitWastingTIME

I have always wondered about things like this, even when completely indoctrinated. A friend of mine had his car broken into during the Public Talk or Watchtower Study one Sunday and I couldn't help but wonder why Jehovah's Holy Spirit couldn't stop that. I've heard all kinds of reasonings like persecution or unforeseen occurrence or sign of the times, etc. But the Israelites allegedly never had to get new shoes during their 40 year trek in the wilderness because of God's protection. I finally got the answer I sought in the form of the words found in the Jim Caveziel version of "The Count of Monte Cristo." The warden says, "God has nothing to do with it."

This kind of violence is completely unacceptable and it's a form of bullying, especially when these brutes know that over 90% of JWs would have no idea how to defend themselves in an attack (which is another thing that has always bothered me - the discouragement of learning self-defense). Did they actually expect any form of real physical retaliation?

Acts like these against God's people are another hint as to why they are not specially chosen. Whatever happened to "he who touches you touches the pupil of my eye" or however that scripture went? The CRAZIEST thing is, during times of serenity, it is proof of God's protection. During times of persecution, it is proof of Satan's direct assault against God's people. Post hoc or cum hoc, take your pic. (if you're not familiar with these terms, now would be a good time to google them, latin in origin, good reading).

Anyway, I think it countries where JWs are either outlawed or viciously persecuted, it wouldn't hurt for the attendants to learn CQC.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, this certainly isn't going to help anything (may you all have peace!)... except to make them believe they really ARE being "persecuted" for Christ. Well, for "Jehovah." Although it's more like the Jews' persecution by the Romans (vs. the christians' persecution by the Jews), it's still heinous... and absolutely uncalled for. Whatever happened to the pen being mightier than the sword?

Didn't watch it, BTW. No benefit.

Peace. Truly. For everyone.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AnneB
    AnneB

I've never heard of anything like that in the states.

You haven't??? Back in the old days (1940's and even into the '50's, blondie or someone can get the exact dates), JW's in the USA were beaten, put in jail, tarred and feathered, made to drink whole bottles of Castor Oil, all kinds of ill-treatment like that. Some of it happened in Kentucky, in the same Circuit that I was once in. Some of the people (including women!) that it happened to were still alive and could tell you first-hand what it was like. The stories are in the old Yearbooks, and some in the older Awake!'s. Up in Walkill area the farmers were planning an attack on WT property (and inhabitants). It went so far as the roads around the property being filled with cars full of men with mayhem in mind and until the last minute, the police were letting it go on.

I'm not in that area any more but I am still in contact with non-JW locals. Even now people I know still talk about what they'd like to do to Kingdom Halls and Jehovah's Witnesses. The hate is not dead in the USA, it's still smoldering.

AnneB

• Violia
    Violia

I meant of recent origin. I sincerely apologize as my own grandparents suffered much indignities. I will say one thing about that time period, some jws made themselves very obnoxious. Not ever a justification for a mob, but sometimes they just seemed to stand out like a sore thumb.

I see no reason for your hostility, as I was a jws 4Th generation and do recall hearing all the stories but nothing much since WW2 ,although Vietnam had some problems also.

I do not recall of late any sort of attacks on KH's but if someone knows of one please tell us.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Unemployed, lazy minded, bigoted fools. They did thier dirty work and deserve to be punished. Won't happen I'm sure. So sorry those witnesses had to suffer that. A little knowledge would have kept them out of that building but they reject learning things objectively. If only they would listen they wouldn put themselves in line for fools like this to abuse. Thanks FDS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit