You need a messiah

by StopTheTears 80 Replies latest jw friends

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i am not a sinner.

and what's the benefit of having a messiah? what is he/she good for? how much is the total cost of ownership?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Having the Messiah will cost you everything. Unless you are perfect, God's standard, you are a sinner in need of a sinless Savior. The 10 Commandments, Moral Law, condemn all of us as sinners in thought, word, motive, deed.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

hmm.. that still doesn't answer my question on what i need a messiah for. and how many are there to choose from? if i really need one, i'd prefer a small one, as i don't have a big flat.

if it costs everything, it's not a big savior then. i'd rather put my money in a savings account.

no, i am not a sinner. probably not perfect either, don't know what you mean by perfection, but the flaws i am aware of are simply flaws, not sins.

• streets76
    streets76

It's all mind numbing.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Having the Messiah will cost you everything. Unless you are perfect, God's standard, you are a sinner in need of a sinless Savior. The 10 Commandments, Moral Law, condemn all of us as sinners in thought, word, motive, deed.

What a happy thought for a Monday. And thank you for reminding me why I think the whole god/bible/religion thing is a load of steaming crap.

• undercover
    undercover

if I may be allowed to hi-jack the thread for one moment...

*pokes* Poopsie

you are now returned to your previously scheduled troll-fest

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Good grief, more fire and brimstone evangelists proclaiming our inherent worthlessness.... unable to think for themselves, they regurgitate the delusions of ignorant men..... just like a typical JW!

Even if someone is ignorant enough to interpret the Bible literally, it still refutes original sin...a theory made into dogma by the Roman Catholic Church in the 5th Century AD, mostly influenced by Augustine of Hippo.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

Are Men Born Sinners?

http://www.gospeltruth.net/menbornsinners/mbsindex.htm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Prodigal Son is the voice of reason in this thread.

• designs
    designs

Whatever happened to the nice Jewish kid from Bethlehem.......

• Twitch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit