You need a messiah

by StopTheTears 80 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

This thread seems to be very jw inspired by STT! The whole post with the pictures looks like it was taken from a jw publication! No one has the right to tell someone what they need...We know ourselves what we need and don't need to be told by other people.

Peace

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I know that Jesus loves me, but I still make him wear a condom.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

That is quite a judgment to make. You know what about me other than I don't agree that someone *needs* a messiah? Do you know what I believe? Do you know what relationship I have with God, if any at all? Is it your place to judge those things with that information, let alone without it? At what point were you appointed to decide upon the veracity of my beliefs, values, and mores? I fully support your right to decide upon yours as long as they do not tread upon the rights of others... but I take exception with you not granting me the same respect.

Forgive me.

You said that needing the messiah is an opinion. Once which I disagree. I believe you do need a messiah whether you believe it or not. How do we know when the messiah is working in us?

In my case, I know I have lost complete desire for anything to do with the world. My worldly desires are gone....I no longer have any rebellion in me. When I stand in Christ - I am one with Him; united to Him; one spirit with Him. I am not, hear me, I am not PART of him, I AM him! The word is flesh in me. …When my hand touches someone, it's the hand of Jesus touching somebody.

Say after me: 'Within me is a God-Man.' Say it again. 'Within me is a God-Man.' This spirit man within me is a God-Man. …Say 'I'm born-of-heaven-God-Man. I'm a God-Man. I'm a sample of Jesus.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What happened to being Afraid of having Sex with your Husband..

Do you feel being Intellectually Screwed is a Good Substitute?..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

'My worldly desires are gone....I no longer have any rebellion in me.'

What was your marriage? A sham?

'When I stand in Christ - I am one with Him; united to Him; one spirit with Him. I am not, hear me, I am not PART of him, I AM him! The word is flesh in me. …When my hand touches someone, it's the hand of Jesus touching somebody.

Say after me: 'Within me is a God-Man.' Say it again. 'Within me is a God-Man.' This spirit man within me is a God-Man. …Say 'I'm born-of-heaven-God-Man. I'm a God-Man. I'm a sample of Jesus.'

You are transgendered, courtesy of jesus?

S

• james_woods
    james_woods

TROLL

• poopsiecakes
  • TheSilence
    TheSilence

That is quite a judgment to make. You know what about me other than I don't agree that someone *needs* a messiah? Do you know what I believe? Do you know what relationship I have with God, if any at all? Is it your place to judge those things with that information, let alone without it? At what point were you appointed to decide upon the veracity of my beliefs, values, and mores? I fully support your right to decide upon yours as long as they do not tread upon the rights of others... but I take exception with you not granting me the same respect.

Forgive me.

You said that needing the messiah is an opinion. Once which I disagree. I believe you do need a messiah whether you believe it or not. How do we know when the messiah is working in us?

In my case, I know I have lost complete desire for anything to do with the world. My worldly desires are gone....I no longer have any rebellion in me. When I stand in Christ - I am one with Him; united to Him; one spirit with Him. I am not, hear me, I am not PART of him, I AM him! The word is flesh in me. …When my hand touches someone, it's the hand of Jesus touching somebody.

Say after me: 'Within me is a God-Man.' Say it again. 'Within me is a God-Man.' This spirit man within me is a God-Man. …Say 'I'm born-of-heaven-God-Man. I'm a God-Man. I'm a sample of Jesus.

Not one bit of what you wrote is an answer to any question I asked or a reply to any point I made in that paragraph. You still have yet to reply. Perhaps if I break it down point by point so it doesn't get lost in the paragraph...

1. You know what about me other than I don't agree that someone *needs* a messiah?
    2. Do you know what I believe?
    3. Do you know what relationship I have with God, if any at all?
    4. Is it your place to judge the validity of my spirituality even if you know those things, let alone if you do not?
    5. At what point were you appointed to decide upon the veracity of my beliefs, values, and mores?
    6. I fully support your right to decide upon your beliefs, values and mores as long as your actions do not tread on the rights of others to do the same. Why can you not grant myself, and others, the same respect?

You are welcome to believe that I need a messiah whether I believe it or not. That is your right. It is not your right to pass judgment on me because I do not agree with you. I would wager that even your own belief system tells you that such a right belongs to God and not to you.

Understand, please, that you could have started a thread stating 'I believe we all need a messiah' and you could have touted your beliefs and I would have had no issue. It would have simply been a thread discussing your beliefs, which I hold no issue with. But to state 'You need a messiah' is not a discussion of beliefs. It is a lecture, a pronouncement and a judgment... none of which you have the authority to make over me, my life, or anyone else's.

Personally, I believe it takes a significant degree of hubris to speak for God.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.

Just as you were born physically to your parents, so you were born spiritually into the Family of God when you received Jesus! Please understand that we are not saved because we pray a prayer; but because we believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ. It is certainly appropriate to ask the Lord in prayer to forgive and save us; but it is our faith which prompts us to pray. You could just as easily believe in your heart upon the Lord to be saved, and not pray at all. Salvation is of the heart, as we read in Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness...”

Dear Jesus,
    I admit that I am a sinner, deserving of Hell. Please forgive me of my sins and take me to Heaven when I die. I now believe upon You alone, apart from all self-righteous works and religion, as my personal Savior. Thank you. Amen.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Who do you say Jesus is? Trusting a counterfeit Christ is worthless. Mormons, JWs, Muslims, Evangelicals, etc. believe in Jesus, but we have diametrically opposed, mutually exclusive views. The gospel includes truths about the Deity and resurrection of Christ. If we are going to call JWs or former JWs to Christ, they should understand that they are calling on Him as Jehovah God, not a creature or divine being of some sort. Otherwise, they can say they believe in Jesus (i.e. their Michael Archangel) and wrongly think they are saved when they are not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit