is this site dominated by americans and canadians ?

by the max 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Golly ..how terribly terribly rude ! (Brit here)

Loz x

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You may want to look at the main page and different subject headings rather than Active Topics. Is that sooooo hard Mon Amie?

• the max
    the max

Apoligies to All, Im new to this game, Very sorry I caused offence,By way of explanation, I think I may be carrying some residual anger, not an excuse, once again I offer an unreserved apology to any one I have offended,and your descriptions of me were warranted, SORRY

• elm
    elm

Hi Max, I think it was my thread you were referring to and the reason I asked what other people liked to watch on TV, was .....I'm British and even though I like some of our TV programs, I also like a lot of American TV..... I loved ER and CSI and law and order etc.

All I was doing was asking what other people liked to watch what ever country they come from.........We all have things we like and dislike and I respect everyone's opinion whether I agree with them or not it's called being an individual which is something we become when we are no longer a JW.

To become an individual was not an easy transgression for me I felt guilty for having my own thought's and not thinking as a collective. It was an innocent question that was all.

But you did not upset me or offend me and welcome Max I just thought you were owed an explanation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Now that everyone has kissed and made up..........

........my first opinion (speaking as a citizen of the US) was surprise that there was such a significant number of posters from so many other countries, esp Brits & Aussies. Since there are 1Mil JWs in the US and nowhere near that in any other one country, there must be dramatically more X-JWs in the US as well.

Thus, because of the significant number of UK & Aussie members, I wondered if there is a much higher "exodus" rate there than here in the US?????

I was also impressed by the excellent English grammar by posters from countries where it is not typically one's 1st language.

(Hoping this doesn't make me sound like a typical American pompous @$$....)

• Mad Sweeney
  • Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Max, I am from Europe too.

Ex-Yugoslavia.

TITO

• sarahkate
    sarahkate

A GB'er too.

Love Top Gear - Jeremy Clarkeson for Prime Minister!!! LOL

• Giordano
    Giordano

Desirous when I first started reading posts back in October I couldn't believe the fractured sentence structure of a number of posters. Just terrible. Some of them sounded illiterate. Then I started to realize in most cases they were writing in a second language. How many other languages can I speak? None. Word of advice to self shut the heck up about their English. Many are now some of my favorite posters.

The Max, apparently Simon had to edit your comment that's not a good start.

Harsh language is an issue for many of us older ex JW'S. We also tend to be uncomfortable with smutty language. In my experience weak minded people like to drop the F bomb. I guess they think it makes them sound manly. Actually it makes them sound trashy.

Those that post intelligently and civilly are our most respected and valuable assets.They speak with a well earned authority. Those that use language to shock or bully earn no creditability. And we are well rid of them.

• designs
    designs

And one handsome Kenyan........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit