is this site dominated by americans and canadians ?

by the max 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the max
    the max

Im new to this forum, most topics up for discussion are USA centric, and thus for us Euro,s are boring, like whats on your TV chanels, WTF, who cares what your watching on tv,I dont come here to listen to that, either promote something intresting, or shut the hell up

• watersprout
    watersprout

Well i posted on your other thread so i will post again. Their are a lot of americans on here so if you don't like what they write it's best not to read it. There are a lot of other topics that are interesting.

Peace

• blondie
    blondie

I find people here from the UK and Australia. It is a requirement that posts be in English which can limit it to other posters who speak English as a second language.

There are dbs in German, Spanish, and Italian, amongts others.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/links/136935/1/Foreign-Language-ex-JW-websites

• dgp
    dgp

This being a website for Jehovah's witnesses, active and former, and the language of the forum being English, I don't think it can be reasonably expected that Americans and Canadians won't outnumber everybody else. Numbers determine it so.

People can't speak about things outside of their lives. I can't have interesting discussions on Japanese culture, for example, simply because I am not Japanese, don't speak the language, and am not in Japan.

I would be careful with the word "dominate". That suggests Americans and Canadians tell what can and what can't be posted here, and that is simply not so.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Lots of red coats here.

-Sab

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah c'mon the max . . . lighten up me ol' china. This is an XJW site. The JW religion originated in the USA. The religion has more adherents in the US than anywhere else . . . shouldn't you expect that. Personally I find some (not all) of the debates/threads with a distinct US flavor interesting and informative . . . and I'm from "downunder"

You may have some resentment issues (who here doesn't), but don't lash out at our American friends . . . if you're XJW yourself then you will find more in common with this community than at odds with it . . . give it a chance.

The bottom line is . . . nobody's holding a gun to your head . . . just read what you want and leave the rest

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm not sure what the point is of saying that this place is "dominated" by Americans...

Sure, it is mostly Americans here. I am a Canadian along many others. There are a lot of Brits here too, along with a small cadre of Aussies and Kiwis.

Welome, BTW...

V665V665

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

either promote something interesting, or shut the F Up

I would have to agree wth you partly, that some thread topics are American centric

and have nothing to do with the JWS, but thats why the thread topics are designated

into their own headings. The model to carry is if the topic doesn't interest you then don't view it or disregard it

for something that interests you.

By the way constantly telling people to shut the F...K Up will eventually get you booted off the forum by the moderators altogether.

• Simon
    Simon

'the max' or 'the twit' as I think I'll call you.

I've edited out the aggressive and insulting terms in your post. Now go get a clue. Don't join a new site and then start complainnig about the regulars if you want you membership to last more than a day. If you don't like the users, go find a different site.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

promote something intresting, or shut the F Up

Right back atcha, bud. Instructing others to endeavor to be interesting to you is not the point of any forum. Engaging in different opinions, learning from one another and seeing other viewpoints is how to grow as a person. And it's damn fun to step outside your comfort zone once in a while. Dip your toe in, the water's nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit