Wife wants me to read Secret of Family Happiness, any suggestions?

by insearchoftruth 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Drat! My pithy questions did not save yesterday! I came up with a bunch.

• From a scale of one to ten, how do you rate our family for peacefulness?
    • Are there any bible examples of successful marriages where the spouses are of different faith? (i.e. Moses, Esther)
    • (Paragraph 4) Aside from the reasons given, what other objections have I mentioned about the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Celebrate her independence and her ability to make up her own mind on things, to counter the constant messages to subject herself. Let her know regardless of how the Jehovah's Witnesses teach, you are comfortable with how the two of you make decisions together and work as a team.

On re-reading the paragraphs, I see how much emphasis is put on behavior; as if a set formula will coax any spouse to join. I know it is very frustrating for my husband, as he tries ever harder to do what it says, yet I fail to respond. Very little is said about communication. So if you emphasize communication, working at coming at common understanding and working out your own compromises, you can hopefully help your wife empathize.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The Governing Body get these books written up for their people. The GB don't work in the real world, most never had children. The GB don't have personal bills. They have all the doctor, nurse, dental, chiropractic, eye doctor, services they need paid for or volunteered by such by their rank and file, including housekeepers, cooking crew, repairmen. They don't have a clue!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit