Just had my first JW visit in almost 13 years. . . weirder than I could have thought.

by Ilovebirthdays 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Well, we went for our walk. Didn't talk about anything heavy or important, just caught up what's been going on over the years we haven't seen each other. No JW preaching talk at all. When our walk was done, I invited her to stay, but she said she needed to get home to her husband. (Maybe I was reading into it, but she didn't sound thrilled about it, just resigned.) We made plans to meet up in a few weeks, again.

The interesting thing I got from our conversation, was it sounds like the local congregation had an elder shortage. She had mentioned a mutual family friend in passing, and I asked about if they had moved by us, and she said that the friend and husband were still living where I last knew them to be (not anywhere in my friend's territory) and she said that the mutual friend and her husband were going out of territory to go to friend's hall because there weren't enough elders that lived in the territory.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Hadn't heard from her in a few weeks, but she showed up at my son's game yesterday. Says she'll come back next week for another one, she had so much fun. We haven't talked about anything JW at all, and she was even talking about attending our high school reunion?!?!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Keep an open door, and don't talk about JW stuff. She really needs a friend.

I made a mistake with a JW friend who is an elder's wife. She lives in South Florida and called me up, last minute one day. She was driving to Atlanta with her infant in tow. Something made up about going to the mountains with a friend. She was so distraught with us, and ... just wierd. Unusually quiet and nervous is how I'd describe it. She stayed for 4ish days, then left. I don't know if she was headed to the mountains or home.

Then, my mother visited her. They met for lunch. While at lunch, she saw her elder husband's truck driving down the road. She was surprised to see it. Seems he shouldn't have been in that part of town. My mother said that she looked so sad. My mother said that she thought he was cheating on her.

Then, she corresponded with me, only to tell me that her elder husband got a tattoo...of a female cartoon bunny. I made the mistake of saying that I belonged to another church and questioning why her husband would get a Jessica Rabbitt tattoo of all things. She didn't correspond back. That was the stupidest thing I could have done. I, basically, was disrespectful to her husband and put her on the hot seat.

I saw her on Facebook and "friended" her. Posts were all about meetings, "rah, rah, rah" stuff. She read my blog and unfriended me. Guess she's as close minded as I was.

Misery loves company. And, so the JWs, though dying from the cult, will not leave. Misery loves company. But, what misery wants is an open, honest, unconditional ear (or sounding board).

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit