Is it the only True religion?

by cupcakekourtney88 73 Replies latest jw friends

• cupcakekourtney88
    cupcakekourtney88

Like the question is Jehovah Witness the true religion?

Is all others false, what do yall think?

I am confuse and just wanting to know others thoughts??

thanks

• cantleave
    cantleave

All religions are constructs, designed to repress and control.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I can't tell you whether all other religions are false but I can categorically say that Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only true religion. My best reason for saying so?

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

• cupcakekourtney88
    cupcakekourtney88

what book is that from?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    is Jehovah Witness the true religion?

Before this question can be answered the question "Is there only one true Religion" must be answered first, preceeded by "Does God direct us by means of Religion?" preceeded by "Does God direct the affairs of men?" preceeded by "Does God have a purpose for mankind?" preceeded by "Did God create humans?" preceeded by "Did God create the universe?" preceeded by "Does God exist?"

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Read crisis of conscience.

• cupcakekourtney88
    cupcakekourtney88

They say they wont be the only ones saved... so does that say right there they not the only one? idk

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Watchtower Printing Corporation is not guided by God. That is clear. They are not a "true religion."
    As to all others, they are false also.

As it turns out, "true religion" is two things:

1. an oxymoron.

2. a brand of jeans

• cantleave
    cantleave

Read "Captives of a Concept"

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi again Kourtney!

It's from Deuteronomy 18:20. See, you don't have to be jw to know the Bible! And, no, of course it's not the "true religion". Otherwise it would stay true and not keep flip flopping around with new rules and interpretations.

That said, all religions have changed over time. Man's understanding of spirituality and ethics, does, IMO, "evolve. But be very wary of anyone who tells you that they have the "truth", and all you need to do is follow! God gave us brains and a conscience for good reasons.

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit