Does God speak to you? HOW?

by Quentin 189 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quentin
    Quentin

An answer to this question is subjective to the individual an a posteriori experiene. However, can there be an a priori experence, one that is objective, outside the bounds of personel experiene, or does it remain subjective?

God speaks to me, through many venus, except audible. For my part there is no chit-chat with the Creator. NOTE; your comments are not limited to the God of the Bible. I am interested in peoples spritual thoughts. Atheist are welcome to comment as well, your input is important to the discussion. Keep it civil folks, no need to turn this into a donnybrook. Everyones comments are of value. If it gets nasty I'll request the thread be deleted. Now, lets talk......

• snowbird
    snowbird

God speaks to me through the wonder in a child's eyes, the smile and nod of a fellow traveler, a cup of hot mint tea, and a granddaughter tenderly covering me with my favorite comforter.

I am blessed, and I thank Him for allowing me a space in His universe.

Syl

• Ding
    Ding

Through the scriptures, through other people, through nature, and through thoughts and feelings.

Everything needs to be tested by the scriptures.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I used to speak to God, then I realized I was doing all the talking.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Syl, That is so beautiful you and Coco are true poets

• Satanus
    Satanus

speaks to me as much as i am able to quiet the inputs. The deeper i go, the more i feel the connection.

S

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

In many ways...

when I see the wonder and mischief in a child's eyes... (Syl said that first)

when I look up in the clear winter sky and see uncountable stars...

when the first leaves of spring break free of the buds of trees and the dry brown grass turns back to green...

in the kindness of a stranger...

by dropping preconceptions of how and about what God speaks, you will realize that God can speak without using words.

• tec
    tec

Through my understanding and knowing of Christ, first and foremost. Through experience (I receive my best understanding through things that I personally experience and then say... Ooohhhh, I see now.); through feeling; through calm and peace when troubled; through an inner voice -once an audible voice...and calm and peace accompanied that voice - through my conscience as well. Through love.

That's all I can think of at the moment :)

Tammy

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just curious. Let me know if I'm straying away your post.

I have a question for you guys that do talk to God through different methods. Do you feel like Satan talks to you too? Or do you just believe in God's communication?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

When I belived..... I felt he spoke to my Heart.....

He felt like a very Close Friend and I talked to him Often....

Today..... I don't know if you can call me an Atheist .......

I grew tired of that relationship and when I decided to Leave....... I left him and Jesus.

They we're real friends who I felt let me down because "I Truly Believed" and was allowed to be misled.

Many tried to tell me you can't blame God for that....

I beg to differ... I did Blame them and have decided to walk away from them for allowing me to feel and trust what I saw in the Bible...

As if a REAL Friend stabbed me in the back and Laughed....

Today I feel better off without their Friendship.... and yes I have stopped believing they ever exsisted...

I'm at this forum to debate the things I learned and never trying to tell others you are Stupid for having Faith.

My wife is a Strong Christian and I have allowed myself to be Blessed by her Pastor cause it was important to her.

God speaks to her Daily she says and I don't mock her... yrs ago I was very sick and she was worried for me I allowed her to put her hands on me while she Prayed for me.....

I think she would say the same thing

God speaks to her thru her Heart....... and She Is a Better person for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit