We Give/Gave Up So Much Over This Thing

by OnTheWayOut 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Great advice, OTWO. I'd be happy to meet with you for a coffee anytime.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Nice post OTWO . . . and I agree with the sentiments. Meeting the posters I have come to know and love here, would be a great day . . . of that I'm sure. Seeing people in person could only add to the sentimental attachment that comes from a shared experience of such intensity.

Perhaps I could add this thought . . . before we became JW's we were all very different people. For those born in that difference was stifled to a huge degree as it was with the converts. What we now experience is that individuality with all it's variety has been returned to us! And we should all rejoice in that! We were once prisoners together and we're now free together! To lack good manners and respect . . . and to become impatient with one another, is a mis-use of our new freedom.

Luvonyall - MS

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I feel the same way! I left back in October....I have kept a longtime worldly friend through thick and thin of me being in the cult. Since moving to Mexico HE now has found Jesus...he talks about the bible nonstop that I can´t bear to talk to him anymore. It´s so sickening! He put up with me all those years but I cannot do by him.

• Rabbit
  • TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

this internet... it gives many the chance to not be so shy as they may be in the outside world..

yet

we should i believe, make it a point to be, foremost, ourselves in this place..

i believe we have the opportunity to be heartfelt honest here on the internet.

and also,

we should treat others as if we were in the same room as them. we really dont know who we are speaking to.

we may be speaking to someone who has experienced horrors and has come to tell the tale or even express their expirienced feelings about a subject, or even the same person who gives a reserved rebuttal concerning things.

this should be a place where we learn to respect one an other whatever the avatar or wht not.

i know i havent.. yet after learning more about those i have associated with online. not everyone is a spotty faced eegit with a bad disposition.

some of us have lived a life true to the things we type in these menial mediums

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

some of us have lived a life true to the things we type in these menial mediums

I think it's quite a bit more than "some"

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Very touching thread . A lot of truth there, well put. Bottom line is that on this board I feel many of us have received much more human understanding and empathy than I ever did in 44 years in the Witnesses. Some may be rough around the edges - but ANYBODY who has suffered by being manipulated by cult mind control will have mental & emotional battle scars to overcome. Everybody does it in their own way and own time frame. There is no wrong or right answer. Just a comfort that we have friends here that understand what we've been through - and what we have yet to experience

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...and I hope I have said enough negative about myself in the opening post to indicate that I am not taking some moral high ground here. I am just like others in that I need to "let it go" sometimes or I may have used harsh words. It's a good point that some of us would not be so bold in person because we would naturally be reserved or desirous of not hurting feelings.

I am going to stop typing, because if I keep going, I will say something to upset people here. Have a great day, weekend. I'll see you in the next thread.

• Mad Sweeney
  • willyloman
    willyloman

Thoughtful post. LOL at this:

I will grant that I wouldn't want to be alone with some of you ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit