DF'd can sit anywhere not just at the back?

by Pubsinger 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Just reading about this makes me want to puke.

I'm serious.

Jesus was the Good Shepherd who LEFT THE 99 sheep still flocking passively and "obediently" in order to GO OUT AND FIND the stray sheep

AND THEN pick up that sheep (embrace them) to carry back to the flock. Where is the emphasis DIFFERENT among JW's?

Where is the attitude different? The responsibility IS ON THE SHEPHERD and not on the stray!!!

These self-righteous muttonheads are elitists who want DF'd to crawl and humble themselves for a length of time sufficient to establish

DOMINANCE over them.....which is an extraordinary contrast to what Jesus illustrated was the proper attitude of the true shepherds.

Putting people in the BACK of the bus, so to speak, is Jim Crow mindset.

The Governing Body is like the White Establishment pre Civil rights.

Like I said, they make me want to yak in a paper sack.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't believe nobody yet said to sit somewhere else like a park or a tavern or at home and you would be better off.

There is no written rule and only people who want to be reinstated should bother to cooperate with local customs. Otherwise, you don't have to participate in the shunning or the seating arrangement.

The halls I was in, the DF'ed sat at the back so they could leave early at the end of the meeting, but nobody asked them to do it. They probably thought it was what they were supposed to do.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Let say a congregation has four or more DFs attending meetings. If they sit together, the whole back row might be occupied by them, especially since non in good standing would want to sit between them. So the Dfs come, sit in the back looking sad, nobody greeting and talking to them.
    How would that look like to newly interested ones, who might have children and for that reason want to be seated in the back as well?

Actually in my former congregation most brothers has their reserved seats. My family always sat in the third row front right.
    You could almost rank the standing of the publishers by where they sat during the meetings. lol

Front: (Jehovah, Jesus) lol
    elder and family
    MS and family, pioneers
    aux pio, reg publ.
    active publ.
    irregular publ.
    inactive publ., elderly
    single mothers with children
    disfelloeshipped and very late comers

fts

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I always sat at the back, if the seats were empty, a favourite spot for many LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why they need to quarantine people as if they had a disease is beyond me. Especially with the stupid things they get disfellowshipped for--often simply questioning what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has to tell them. The "a generation" flop is one example--all they want is to disrupt discussion about what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts in the rags.

Or, what about "brazen conduct". Is a person unclean because a couple of hounders decide that a particular action stumbles someone and bans it, yet this person continues doing it in private? One might look at the music--the hounders might outright ban a song or artist, even without any littera-trash to back it up. Anyone listening to it would be doing "brazen conduct" by disregarding the authority of that hounder (who probably knows nothing about real music). Or, suppose the hounders decide that buying investment silver or gold is "stumbling others" and bans it in the congregation--you own a few rounds of silver or a 1/10 oz gold coin and refuse to get rid of it. Without anything from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to back them up, they decide that it is "brazen conduct". Most hounders know nothing about the gold and/or silver market--yet they view it as "stumbling others". Is the person that holds onto a couple of silver rounds so wicked that they now deserve to be cut off from the congregation?

And this crap about cutting off people totally is not even necessary. Usually, when I think of disfellowshipping, it means cutting off of membership. You lose any benefits of membership in that club, yet you are not treated like dirt outside the club. This would mean losing any so-called salvation and any right to participate in activities in the group, but your family should not be busted up. Of course, the witlesses don't like that--rather, they want to bust up family groups because one doesn't believe the newest version of "a generation".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I tried to sit in one of the chairs on the stage once, and the dickheads wouldn't let me. I wasn't even df'd.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I will sit anywhere in the pub I want .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit