sd-7 report: End of an era

by sd-7 50 Replies latest jw friends

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

I hope things work out for u and that u use it and grow. My own experiece is that u cannot look to anyone or anything to bring u joy or happiness it can only come from within. Nobody can make u feel this way or that way we are in control. Do not get attached to anything remember everybody and everything comes and goes and when we struggle to force things to go the way we might think it will be a destrucktive struggle. Everyone needs the space to be themselves, space to be free and at times we can come together and share the happiness and joy we already posses inside. Take care.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Sorry this has happened to you.

so many of us have walked that road, and can honestly say that life gets better and once you have rebuilt yourself, you will find romance again and this time you will be well equiped to spot one that is not healthy.

all the best, stay strong

oz

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Good luck for the future SD7 you are a million times more of a better person then she could ever be.

• wobble
    wobble

Best wishes for your future sd-7. May the force be with you.

Pain diminishes and is almost forgotten in time, meanwhile keep busy building a good ,happy life, you deserve it !

• nugget
    nugget

The end of a relationship is rarely cause for celebration or gloating and this is no different. Your posts always indicated that you loved your wife but that for a while your relationship was making both of you miserable and was harmful to your health something needed to be done. Sometimes doing what is best for everyone can be the hardest step to take and can rarely be accomplished painlessly. I am sorry for all the fallout that will be an inevitable consequence of this action. Keep strong you have had so much to deal with over the last 12 months I am so sorry for you both sometimes when a cult is involved love just isn't enough.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Haven't been on here in a while. I am sorry to hear this, but I am also happy that you severed that destructive person from your life. You will find in time that there is more to life outside of the JW cult.

Strength and healing to you.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Congratulations and good luck for the future.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I wanted to say.... Congratulations!!!! good for ya! I am gonna tell you this "I told you so", why? because with the same intention i will tell you know that in 6 months you are gonna feel so relief you finnally took that decision... Maybe not right now... BUT you willl.... and in six months i will enjoy saying again.. "I told you so"

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    "Today, sir...I don't want to. But I did bloody tell you. I suppose they'll implicate me in all this, as your accomplice." "Accomplice? I'm going to tell them the whole thing was your idea."

Gotta love Batman!

As someone who's BTDT, I am sorry that you're having to go through this. I went through it a little over 2 years ago after a 7 year marriage to someone who was much like what you described your wife as. I could write a book (actually, I've been told I should lol).

The first few months are ROUGH. You go through the "what could I have done differently" moments, the days where you doubt yourself and the decision you made...times when you feel maybe you SHOULD get back together and make it work. You will go through periods of lonliness, self-doubt, sadness at the fact that this chapter of your life is ending. I went through those feelings for about 6 months, even called and begged his abusive and controlling ass to take me back and let me come home...and then we finalized our divorce and I realized that this was the best thing he could have ever done for me. He claims I was the abuser...yet he took NO time to heal from anything "I had done to him" and got married again less than a month and a half later. But, me? I've taken the time to heal. I'm not the same person anymore. Two years of healing and figuring out who I am, what I believe, figuring out HOW to be ALONE and be HAPPY. I don't identify myself by the person I am with anymore. I'm not lost in a vast sea of self-doubt. It's taken a long time to get to this place, and the journey wasn't an easy one, but it was so worth it.

You're not walking this vast wilderness alone. Many are with you. Many have gone before you, and we're all waiting on the other side cheering you on until you reach the finish.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I had to get rid of my first husband too after less that two years of marriage and a year of separation. It became apparent that we didn't marry for the same reasons. My divorce came through 22 years ago, I was 24. It was a good thing. Met my husband two years later. You'll survive SD-7 and I think that you've grown up a bit in the process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit