sd-7 report: End of an era

by sd-7 50 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Howdy, JWNers. Here's a little personal update. My marriage is ending. Knowing that there are a number of issues going on at the moment, I must avoid revealing any details about the current crisis at this time, and probably won't ever do so on here for the foreseeable future.

My wife left on Friday, by my request, and has only returned to collect her things. It was no minor matter for me to make this decision. Many of you would've been gone a year ago, at the least. I provided for her for 16 months, with one income and, on average, 4-6 hours of sleep a night. I did everything I possibly could and more than I ever imagined I could do. I endured humiliation and insult and just plain being run over and run into the ground. I did it because I thought she was worth it. I loved her. And even with all that's happened, that will never change. (I know, I can't figure it out either, except that I know a lot of what happened is because of how she was brought up, she's just doing what she has absorbed from her other experiences. Same as me. So it's not really her fault any more than it is mine.)

But it became clear that this situation was destructive and emotionally abusive for me, and unhealthy for them. So there it is.

"Today you get to say 'I told you so'." And you did tell me so. Fact is, some people just need to screw up for themselves before they finally get it. I'm not here to cry on your collective shoulders. There have been enough tears over the course of this marriage, and enough regrets.

I will need to develop more emotional wisdom so as not to find myself in a similar situation in the future. It is my hope that romantic relationships will be something I, at most, read about or watch rather than participate in for a very, very long time. Self-esteem, self-development, must be my priority now. So that who I am defines me rather than who I am with. I had enough of that as a cult member, after all.

Let my tale serve as warning for those who are still on the inside. You need to understand that this is what can happen to you. Don't make the same mistakes I did. Get out of the cult, please. And don't let your heart corrupt your common sense as I did mine. There is a lot of life and love on the outside to enjoy. I wouldn't really know myself, but I'm sure plenty of people here would say so.

The fallout from it all is still happening, and there's nothing official yet, as far as divorce, but it's definitely over now. In the short run, things will get mighty unpleasant, but it is my hope that better times are ahead. If there is anything I can tell you, I'll let you know.

Thanks for listenin',

sd-7

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

So sorry you are going through this! You will find (in time) that being single is WAY MUCH BETTER than being in a strained marriage.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hang in there man...Stay up!!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hope you find the strength and resolve to manage this difficult time and move forward in the best way you can. Thinking of you.

ANGUS

• garyneal
    garyneal

Given what I recall about your situation, you will be better off now that she is out. Now you can get on with life and finding someone better suited for you.

All the best.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Id rather be alone and happy than part of a destuctive relationship.

Youve got tough times ahead, and Im sorry your marriage has failed. I really wish you great things for the future, take care of yourself ok x

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Good on you.

I hope it doesn't get too messy.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

I'm so sorry. I wish you all the best for the coming future.

NLW's wife

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hi sd-7. I'm sad for you but at the same time I'm happy for you - this situation has gone on a LONG time. Either way, you deserve a hug and I think a lot of the stuff you said is worth repeating and re-reading many times over. Hang in there...

• wasblind
    wasblind

You have grown wings to take flight from this cult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjduur9YyVA&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit