What proof is there that Jesus chose the Bible Students in 1919?

by VM44 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I told my Doctor..

I believe,whatever the WBT$ says I should believe..

He said I should Wear a Helmet..

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/200396749-003.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=F5B5107058D53DF5AE1BC2282D836E158B25553C0595675F5EF896E2932F1B0377997512DFCEB0B4

........................ ...OUTLAW

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@VM44,

You ask, "Again, what is the proof?"

I think they give "proof" - its just that the "proof" they give has been shown to be erroneous. If pressed, I think Splane would cite 1914 as the end of the gentile times - meaning Jesus would have to be out looking for some organization to represent him on earth. It wouldn't be any of the nasty Trinitarians... or even those hellfire-believing Unitarians (those dirty bastards). So, it would have to be a group working on the good news (and remember, any group claiming they have the real "good news" would be saying the gentile times ended in 1914..), eagrly awaiting Jesus, around 1914, non-trinitarian, really wanting truth from the Bible. Of course, Splane would say, the Bible Students fit this description perfectly. Then he would try to tie the events of 1918 (their "captivity") into a few verses in Revelation... and VOILA.... a "proof"...

Here is what I mean... from the WT:

*** w89 4/1 pp. 11-12 pars. 6-8 Hear What the Spirit Says to the Congregations ***

6 But these messages to the seven congregations have an even wider application. At Revelation 1:10, John says: “By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day.” This verse is an important key to unlocking the understanding of Revelation. It indicates that it applies primarily to “the Lord’s day,” which began when Jesus became King in 1914. This understanding is confirmed by Jesus’ messages to the seven congregations. In them we find expressions such as these words to Pergamum: “I am coming to you quickly.” (Revelation 2:16; 3:3, 11) After 96 C.E., Jesus did not ‘come’ in any significant way until he was enthroned as King in 1914. (Acts 1:9-11) Then, in fulfillment of Malachi 3:1, he ‘came’ again in 1918, when he came to Jehovah’s temple to judge first the household of God. (1 Peter 4:17) He will ‘come’ once more, in the near future, when he “brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.”—2 Thessalonians 1:7, 8; Matthew 24:42-44.

7 With this in mind, we understand that the seven congregations picture all congregations of anointed Christians after 1914, and the seven stars represent all anointed elders in those congregations. Moreover, elders who are of the “other sheep” are also, by extension, in Jesus’ right hand of control. (John 10:16) And the counsel to the seven congregations applies in principle to all the congregations of God’s people today around the world, including those made up of Christians with an earthly hope.

8 When Jesus came to inspect professed Christians in 1918, he found anointed Christians on earth trying hard to observe the words of the prophecy. Since the 1870’s they had been warning people of the importance of the year 1914. They had suffered much at the hands of Christendom during the first world war, and in 1918 their work virtually ceased when the leading officials of the Watch Tower Society were imprisoned on false charges. But their experiences at that time match the prophecies in Revelation to a marvelous degree. And their determination to heed Jesus’ words to the seven congregations identified them without a doubt as the only light-bearing Christians in this benighted world. Today, this remnant makes up a John class that lives to see and participate in the fulfillments of many parts of Revelation.

They provide "proof"... its just that the "proof" is acceptable only to those fully emersed in the cult logic.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Followup to my last post...

Which is why Carl Olof Jonsson's work is like the universal acid to the WT theology... take out 1914, and you remove even the erroneous "proof" and they are left with nothing more than what you see in the DVD - because 'the Bible students were just OBVIOUSLY it! DUH!'

MeanMrMustard

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    If pressed, I think Splane would cite 1914 as the end of the gentile times - meaning Jesus would have to be out looking for some organization to represent him on earth.

So in other words, Jesus was out shopping for a Publicist???

• VM44
    VM44

This flowchart shows the circular Watchtower logic.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

It is prooved by the fact, that 7 trumpet blows from Revelation took place at JW assemblies in Ohio.

So it is obvious. Right?

Albert

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Morbidzbaby:

You wrote: " So in other words, Jesus was out shopping for a Publicist???"

Well, isn't that what they say occured? Technically, he went out looking for his "Faithful and Discreet Slave" ... which was around since the first century. In 1914, the Kingdom was established and it was time to find the servant that was giving food at the proper time. It just so happened that the FDS, by the time of Russel, had attached itself to the WTB&TS, or so they claim. It doesn't matter that the "food" they were giving wasn't truth... it doesn't have to be truth, just "food at the proper time". I guess it was proper for the time, even though it was false. But no matter, Jesus quickly fixed up his wise servant by putting them in jail because of their wrong practices and teachings. He cleaned them up spic-and-span... except for the next decade that they kept on celebrating Christmas and using the cross. But that's just details. Its ONLY ten years, and its perfectly OK to ingnore a ten year discrepancy. After all, they can arrive at 607 BC as the fall of Jerusalem by ignoring a twenty year discrepancy in the evidence; so 10 years is nothing...

Like I said... its a mess...

MeanMrMustard

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Albert Einstein:

*shrugs* of course... its totally obvious. If it wasn't for our hatred for Jah, or our laziness (not wanting to do field-service), we would all acknowledge this openly, be at every meeting, underline our watchtower magazine each weekend, live in small apartments so that we could pioneer each month (even though we have 5 kids), and wear suits everywhere (even when we garden). We would even get a little tent in our pants when we think about the excitement of family study night. Or the spritual food we get at the district convention.

But alas! Our inability to realize the obvious is keeping us from such gleeful delight.

MeanMrMustard

• Ding
    Ding
    What proof is there that Jesus inspected all the religions or the earth in 1919 and then chose the Bible Students?

None whatsoever...

• VM44
    VM44

This is an excerpt from a talk given in the 2010/2011 Kingdom Ministry school.

Note how the speaker "Proves" that the Bible Students were chosen by Jesus in 1919.

Well let's take a look, think about that illustration, and we're going to take a look at Matthew 24:45-47. Regarding the faithful and discreet slave. Matthew 24:45-47 and that reads: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings”. So, of course, we're looking at trying to identify the faithful and discreet slave. Now we're going to examine these verses. Who is the faithful slave? So we're looking for the faithful slave. And it says, first of all, let's think about the location and the time. The master on arriving. Well we know Jesus Christ came to power in 1914, that's when he came to begin his presence as the enthroned king. In 1918, according to the Watchtower, he came as the messenger of the covenant specifically to judge those who claim to serve Jehovah. That was his purpose. So at the time, he came to examine those claiming to serve God in the proper way. Who was that? Well, there was at that time many different religions, as there are right now, it doesn't narrow it down.
    However if we think about the description it says “Who is the faithful and discreet slave?”. So, of course, we know someone faithful, faithful in God's eyes, would be someone holding firmly to the truth in God's word. Ones who were breaking free from false religious beliefs, false religious traditions, examining the scriptures to find the truth. That narrows it down. Who was that? Well, we know the Bible Students were doing that, at the time in 1914 and 1918. Well what was the activity? Well, at the time there were 5,000 domestics who were busy spreading Bible truth and they were using different technologies of the time. Of course there was the color slide and the motion picture, Photo-Drama of Creation, they were using newspapers, printed literature, and the Watchtower of the time had been, there were 50,000 copies of the Watchtower that had been made. And so the Bible students of the time were conscientiously feeding the domestics, and included in that of course is the commission at Matthew 28:19,20 to preach the good news. So, who was doing that? Well, as mentioned, the Bible Students. Was there anybody else who fit that description? No. And then it says that they were, that they would be appointed over all the belongings. Well, what are the belongings of God? Well, anointed Christians as a whole are part of that, members of the great crowd are also part of the belongings, the physical things related to the commission, Matthew 28, and of course the things dedicated to the Kingdom, so property, things like that, Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls. These are part of the belongings. And according to our “Organized to do Jehovah's Will” book that includes our commission to preach as part of those belongings. So, in 1919 after the examination was complete, the faithful slave was appointed over all of these things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit