Watchtower Bethel Application from 2004

by Marvin Shilmer 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Can you pay your way to bethel if your application is accepted.

Sound good to me, pay my way for A job that pays $100.00

A month.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Hahahaha.

I thought this was an application for the NSA, DIA, National Geospatial-Intellengence Agency,or CIA until I saw the letterhead again.

"PLEASE NOTE: If there is an opening for which we feel you are qualified,we will advise you. Otherwise please DO NOT expect an acknowledgement of this application. Please do not telephone about your application........"

All jokes aside. Thanks for posing that. I had never seen one before. The closest I came was as a regular pioneer I went to the Gilead Meeting at an DC. Fortunately for me,being diabetic booted me out of any possibility of being accepted.

That was interesting to see.

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

I love the amount of space they left for you to explain your homosexual relationship and why you molested children. priceless

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

oh god!

love to fill that in all the 'wrong' way and send it in!

oz

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

and the amount of space to explain why you are divorced!!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

"Do you believe that spiritual food from Jehovah is being provided through the "faithful and discreet slave" class and are you in harmony with it's teaching? (Matthew 24:45-47)"

VOMIT!!!

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Hmm, I just love different forms. I couldn't avoid seeing some stuff.

"Your filling in this application is evidence of your willingness to abide by all the rules of Bethel"- In those meetings at assemblies, do they really go through the Bethel rules or give them the dwelling book that each and everyone knows what rules they hereby promise to follow? This is emphasized even more in the signature section of the document.

There is no category for "have you ever been elder or MS"- do this actually mean that those who for any reason have stepped down as elder/MS are not eligible for Bethel assignment?

This question was little dull, "Sex: male female"- we could spice it up a bit, "Sex: Yes, please No thank you"

In other inquiries/surveys I've filled (they are many, it's like my hobby) I have never seen category "pursuing a courtship"

"Repeat the date of your baptism"- like it would change while filling these lines. Is this kind of test, if you put same date in both boxes, you pass?

"Are you of the anointed or other sheep? Which?"- Honestly what would I be in JW hierarchy if I wouldn't be either or?

"Describe any PRESENT EFFECTS of this drug experience you NOW have:"- Well the drug experience I'm having now, at this very moment, makes me high, would that be correct answer?

What comes to foreign languages, only spoken language is something that should be on fluent level. In writing that is not required. It is interesting as major part of the work is in writing and publishing. Well I cannot speak italian, but I can write Ciao, so the answer is Italian.

"Are you strong and able to do hard work for long hours"- Got you

CP

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

My favorite Bethel experience.

A brother arrives at Bethel on his motorcycle to begin serving at Bethel. He can't find anyplace to park so he parks on the street and starts walking toward the entrance to ask where he should park. One of the governing body has just come out the door so the brother asks this gentleman "I just arrived to start serving at Bethel, where can I park my motorcycle". The governing body member looks really aggravated that this lowly Bethel person is bothering him, and he says "We don't allow motorocycles at Bethel, you have to get rid of it".

The brother says "Oh, you don't allow motorcycles, where does it say that in the Bible". The governing body member gets very agitated and says "I don't know, that is our rule, you have to obey". The brother says "Okay" and gets on his motorcycle and leaves Bethel never to return.

This is by far my favorite Bethel experience. Saved this brother four years of intimidation.

• Dinah-sore
    Dinah-sore

Haha, really, they had to capitalize RAP? I guess because it started in New York, and so many famous New York rappers grew up in JW households, they have the axe out for any hip hoppers lol. I remember being a teenage JW (baptized at the tender brainwashed age of 10), who was REALLY interested in the possibly being a missionary or Bethelite someday....not knowing there is no place for single women with ideas there. Some of my guy friends were too, until we saw the application...and knew we could never truthfully fill it out because we LOVE hip hop! One of our friends made it to Bethel, and we were all shocked because he had a VERY impressive collection of hip-hop music dating back to the 80s...from 12" vinyls, casette tapes, CDs, MP3s...and he sold it all and cleared his IPOD so he could go to Bethel

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dinah- Sore, Funny name and welcome to JWN. (Dinah Shore - Sore - Snore lol) (Have you seen your old friend Burt Reynolds, by the way? lol )

Thank you so much for bringing back this Bethel application and all of these hilarious comments.

I am saving Marvin's contribution to the Board, to read later. I've got some things to do, but this is a strong carrot to bring me back to read in a few hours.

It is my pleasure, to meet you.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit