Watchtower Bethel Application from 2004

by Marvin Shilmer 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower Bethel Application from 2004

Questions asked tell their own story.

Today I posted onto my blog the Watchtower Bethel Application from 2004, available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/03/watchtower-bethel-application-from-2004.html

Marvin Shilmer

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Priceless........"Have you ever had a homosexual relationship?..if so please explain why..."

Have you ever engaged in child molestation?.......WTF?

• Quendi
    Quendi

Undergoing surgery or some invasive medical procedure would be easier than filling out this application. I suppose they had their reasons for asking the questions they did, but it is clear that the object was to select young men who could be controlled. They were looking for drones. I'm aware that some go to Bethel and actually make advancement mentally and emotionally, but this questionnaire makes it clear that the selection committee doesn't care about that. I have never set foot in Brooklyn Bethel or any of the other headquarters buildings in other countries. After reading this application form, I am certain now that I never will. Furthermore, I would strongly discourage my son (if I had one) from ever thinking about living and working in such a place.

Quendi

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Q."Have you ever had a homosexual relationship?"

A. No, but I am sure Bethel will afford me many opportunities.

Q. "Have you ever engaged in child molestation?"

A. No, but I am sure Bethel will aford me many opportunities.

I am sure they are looking for candidates with experience in these areas, adequately qualified.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

So am I the only one who wants to fill this out in absolute honesty and send it in?

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

LOL, I'm with you, Tuesday

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Classic!!

Do you listen to heavy metal, rap (oops RAP) or other music inappropriate for Christians?

Do you watch material inappropriate for Christans such as 18-rated films/videos?

And neither question with a biblical reference...nope...a WT publication reference.
    Smells culty to me!

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

and this is what my parents wanted for me, my goodness.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    LOL, I'm with you, Tuesday

OK so I'll do it if you promise to do it with me. I actually used to listen to the whole Norweigan Black Metal scene when I was younger. Now it's more punk music, I think for that question I would ask if certain bands were considered acceptable like Diecide, Cannibal Corpse, Bad Religion, Megadeth, Ja-Rule, and Xzibit.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I wonder if just that font makes anyone else sick or is it just me. I never see that font anywhere else but WTBS forms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit