Does this mean what I think it means?

by MrFreeze 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's been about a month and a half since I last talked to the elders. Today I got a call from one of them. He left me a voicemail saying he would like to have me meet with them on Sunday after the meeting to discuss some things and to see if there is any way they can be of help.

I haven't been to a meeting since the end of October/beginning of November. Do you think this means they are going to disfellowship me or try to find some grounds to do such? They already know I've gone apostate. Do you think the genuinely want to be of help? Do you think I should show up?

I don't think I'm going to attend this little meeting. What is your opinion of this?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My advice is: don't attend.

Their version of "help" means: get your ass back to meetings and service and kow-towing to the Borg hierarchy asap.

If they know you've gone apostate, this could be a judicial meeting or it might just be an exploratory meeting to set up a judicial meeting. Usually if it is judicial, they'll tell you, though, so I figure this is just to feel you out.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

yeah thats what I was thinking

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

what MS said.. it's a "let's see what you've been doing" exploratory meeting.. because obviously you've been doing BAD things if you aren't doing GOOD things (attending said meetings etc etc)..

• cantleave
    cantleave

Don't play their stupid little game.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    He left me a voicemail saying he would like to have me meet with them on Sunday after
    the meeting to discuss some things and to see if there is any way they can be of help.....Mr.Freeze

http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/firing_squad_2.jpg

......................... ...OUTLAW

• Alfred
    Alfred

Don't go... Just keep stalling... If they keep insisting on alternate dates, you'll know they're just trying to throw you head first into a star chamber hearing... (They're really just following their "Shepherding for Dummies" manual to show their CO that they're "company men")

• Mat
    Mat

You know, they say you should attend these meetings alone but legally they have no right to demand such. I would like to find out what would happen if you did turn up but had with you a witness to the proceedings?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Don't do it, if they wanted to help you where were they in Nov when you stopped going?

They want to see where you stand and if it's not with them and their beliefs they will find a way to D'f you.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Outlaw... thats hilarious. Picture worth a thousand words.

Oh truth, they did try to help me. They came to visit me constantly. They lost an MS and pioneer. They were hurting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit