Does this mean what I think it means?

by MrFreeze 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Already been said by everyone here, but just to reiterate, don't go, don't play their stupid games. This is an "exploratory" meeting. Basically, if you go, you will end up incriminating yourself in some way that bolsters their already biased opinion of what you may (or may not) be doing.

Don't feed the sharks with yourself.

• dawntodaylight
    dawntodaylight

please do not go its a set up.

• pbrow
    pbrow

you should def not go! If I may be so bold as to suggest the next time they call, ask one of them to dinner with his family. isnt that what a christian would do to get to know and encourage a fellow christian? after all, where two or more are gathered together..... Let him try to disrespect you and your family in your house. In front of his wife and kids. In front of your spouse and kids. If he does disrespect you then show his family the door. Let it be another example to your family of the insane behavior of the jdubs. It will be an excellent example to his wife and kids, even though it might not sink in at that time.

Of course they will not accept the invite. They dont have the balls. But avoiding them in my humble opinion is like seeing them out in public and trying to hide from them. If they see you first and you dont make contact with them they will be able to go back to the hall and say "oh i saw brother/sister inactive today, they seem so sad i really hope they turn around and come back to jah. dont give them that!! walk up to them, say hello, make them uncomfortable for their poor decision to shun you. they are the ones who are being dicks, dont ever let them pity you. The liberation in life you get when you finally tell yourself you will no longer live under the thumb of religious hacks is incredible. god knows its not easy but nothing worth having is.

pbrow(steps down from soapbox)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thanks everyone. You all reiterate what Ive been thinkin.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Mr Freeze: IF YOU WANT TO JUST FADE vs. DF or da -- DO NOT even acknowledge the voice mail. Period. You DID NOT get it. (You know how cell phones can be.) Start screening your calls. Even better, change your number and do not give it out. If they somehow contact you, DO NOT admit to apostate ideas. Claim that you are stumbled or offended by someone or something. You just need time to sort it all out. Plus there are other personal issues that you are dealing with. You always intend to be at the meeting, but when it's time to go, you just cannot drag yourself out of the house. But of course, you really appreciate they loving concern......

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

It's like being called to the police station. Oh no - you're not under arrest. No, you won't need an attorney. We just want to ask you a few questions like where were you at 8:30 AM on 9/11/2001? Can you prove it? Do you have any witnesses that can verify where you were at that hour? Do you now or have you ever had a friend, a relative, a co-worker who was a Muslim, looked like a middle-eastern or western Asian, someone who spoke with an accent, or had a Arabic or middle eastern name like Ali, Muhammad, Abdullah? Did you vote for Barack HUSSEIN Obama? We're just going to take your fingerprints, a drop of blood, and an oral swab - but you are not under arrest. We just want to talk...

That's all. The committee just wants to ask you a few questions...

Don't go. Tell them if they have anything they want to talk to you about they can call you on the phone or come to your house. That way you can hang up on them or throw them out. They are in their power base when they are at the Kingdom Hall. Have them come to yours.

JV

• blondie
    blondie

Don't go...I don't think it is a df meeting or they would have been more specific. And why should you go to the KH. Why didn't they suggest coming to your home? (but don't suggest that either). Just hang in there. My husband faded as an elder and he just was patient and never let the elders past the front door and didn't answer any phone calls/voice mails.

Out ten years and just the obligatory visit during the CO's visit in the last 2 years...not a step past the door.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Mr. Freeze, if you have already informed them that you won't be coming back, then stand by your words. There is no need to attend any further meeting with the elders. But I also don't believe in playing mind games with them either. If they contact you again requesting a meeting, be honest. Repeat what you said to them last time and add that you don't believe there is anything further to discuss. If they are going to disfellowship you, then they will do so regardless of what you say in any other meeting with them.

You say that you have decided to jump and not fade. Good for you. Now man up and leave on your own terms. You've already voted with your feet. Stand by that.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit