JW and the 1000 rapes - London UK Delroy Grant Breaking News

by S EIGHT 31 Replies latest members adult

• wobble
    wobble

I wonder if anyone could confirm please, from a reliable source,not newspapers, when he was active as a JW, the period , and was he actually a MS ?

I read elsewhere on the net that London Bethel is making enquiries so as to prove that he was not really a JW ??? Is that true ?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Meanwhile, Grant increased the intensity of his pre-attack research, using public records such as electoral rolls to find addresses and dates of birth of potential victims. He also became interested in becoming a Jehovah’s Witness – and could have used this as a cover to earmark homes to burgle while going from door to door at weekends.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369491/Night-Stalker-Delroy-Grant-guilty-raping-elderly-women-17-year-reign-terror.html

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

wobble, they can lie if it suits them.

• wobble
    wobble

Yep, but it would be nice to be sure of the facts of this monsters connection to JW's before using it to try to make Dubs think, they will reject a very good example if you get just one aspect wrong.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I guess if anyone lives in Londaon or knows someone who does they could ask about him. The rumors about him must be running all over the JW community there

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK Here is what I found at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6919401.ece in 2009

Harley Burford, minister at the Forest Hill Jehovah’s Witnesses services, said: “They were a lovely family.

“He was a Jehovah’s Witness at one time but is not an active member any more, unlike his wife who he used to bring to the meetings.”

Buford is the same JW who in an earlier post here was quoted as being the one to help his JW wife move out of Bufords's hose.

1. Here is my guess on a couple of things. The WTS wants desperately to distance themselves from this person. They don't usually get involved in moving JW wives out of their husband's home. In fact the usual counsel is to stay and be a submissive wife. And maybe if you had been giving him sex he wouldn't have been out raping people.

2. They didn't dsay he wasn't one of them. They say he was "inactive" meaning he must have at one time been baptized. They also don't say he was "no longer a JJW" so at least at theat time he must have still been one. If they DFed him for adultery based on the rapes we know that if Grant were to go to the elders and "repent" they would let him back in.

• nugget
    nugget

Really whether he was has now become irrelevant. Whatever the truth of the matter the issue is that news media including BBC are reporting that he was. The public will base their reactions on what they believe to be the truth. This will make door to door work very difficult in this area as well as others. Bad people hide in religion to give them cover and respectability, the religion did not make him what he was but may have provided the opportunity to track down potential victims. This assumes he was in fact a witness. He was an extremely wicked man and has received more attention than he deserves. My thoughts go out to his many victims some of whom will not get their day in court and those left behind who will have to pick up the pieces of their lives.

He has been given a life sentence which is the best the courts can offer.

• Curtains
    Curtains

I've also heard that he is inactive. Will he be disfellowshipped now or will they need 2 witnesses?

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

They had been active JWs who became inactive in recent years, due , in part to his wife illness. Delroy was respected and popular in the community. The whole episode is an absolute shock to the family.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It is easy to see why he was "inactive". He had other "activities" to perform in his own version of "field service".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit