JW and the 1000 rapes - London UK Delroy Grant Breaking News

by S EIGHT 31 Replies latest members adult

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Does anyone know this perv? Was he really a JW?

Reported in tonight's Evening Standard. London UK. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23934954-the-stuff-of-nightmares-jury-out-in-night-stalker-rapist-trial.do

A former taxi driver dubbed the Night Stalker may have carried out as many as 1,000 sex attacks and burglaries, it was revealed today.

Scotland Yard apologised for botching chances to catch Delroy Grant as he was found guilty of some of the "most depraved" crimes in its history.

The father of 10 faces life in jail after Woolwich crown court convicted him of 29 offences dating back 17 years, including three rapes, an attempted rape, seven indecent assaults and 18 burglaries.

A senior officer called the crimes "some of the most awful and disturbing in the Met's history".

Grant attacked victims aged between 68 and 93 in Warlingham, Shirley, Beckenham, Bromley, Addiscombe, Orpington and West Dulwich. But the force today issued a public apology as it admitted missing at least one major chance to snare him 10 years before his arrest.

The Jehovah's Witness, 53, went on to attack 146 more victims - three of whom were raped and 20 sexually assaulted. Seven victims died before getting the chance to see justice done.

Detectives linked him through DNA with 203 attacks described in court as the "stuff of nightmares". Police believe he may be responsible for 1,000 rapes, sex attacks and burglaries but many victims are too terrified to come forward. Grant targeted only elderly people - both men and women - leaving communities in fear.

He dressed in black, often wearing a balaclava, and terrified his victims in the early hours by cutting their power, removing light bulbs and ripping out phone lines in their homes.

• whereami
    whereami

Do we know if he was a JW while committing these crimes? Or is he a recent JW?

This guy is a monster.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One re[ort says it was his wife Jenny who was the JW http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8403597/Night-Stalker-Delroy-Grant-profile.html

but the poster Besty says

bestyRe: Delroy Grant the "Nightstalker" posted ~ a year ago (11/16/2009) </form></form>

Post 2416 of 3713
    Since 3/3/2005

OK just to put this to bed - I have it FIRST HAND from a JW that knows him and is in the same congregation that Delroy Grant is a baptized Jehovah's Witness in the London Forest Hill Congregation.

He is a Jehovah's Witness. End of.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Thanks Lady Lee for the confirmation. This came out a couple of years ago but thankfully today we have a conviction!!

S8

• whereami
    whereami

From the artilcle Lady Lee provided:

"They married at Lewisham registry office in November 1991 and friends from the Jehovah’s Witness community were delighted with Jennifer’s choice of husband".

Yeah because they're great at recognizing "spiritualy inclined people". So much for the holy spirit working it's magic.

Lady Lee, do we know if he remained a JW for the past 2 years while he was a suspect?

I wonder if betsy can lend a hand here. Maybe giving us an update from his contact.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8403597/Night-Stalker-Delroy-Grant-profile.html

It says here that he 'met and married' a devoted Jehovah's Witness. It also says they married in a registry office, that suggests to me that he wasn't baptised.

• wobble
    wobble

Why the glee over this terrible man ?

O.K , if you all are going to ask your JW friends and relatives to explain questions like, :

"As Jehovah and Jesus looked down from Heaven and watched this man commit his monstrous acts, whilst pretending to be part of their organization on earth, what did they think ????"

but if not, why the glee fest ?

• whereami
    whereami

Who's "gleeing"?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Why the glee over this terrible man ?

I for one don't see anybody being gleeful about this.

I also don't see how this story is going to budge any active JW loose from the cult.

The JWs will just say he was possesed by Satan or some such.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think the value in listing these people is that is muddied their prisitne reputation. They aren't as clean as they want to pretend to be. Granted they will deny deny deny but then that is what we probably did way back when too.

They just can't hide these criminals any longer

As to his present status? I have no idea. Just posting what I found

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit