One thing the WT got right was the Trinity being false.

by miseryloveselders 96 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

It's the stupid bible that makes people think there's a 'Trinity'

Who raised Jesus from the dead? Well, Galations 1;1 and Thessolonians 1;10 says the Father. Romans 8:11 says the Holy Spirit. John 10;17-18 say Jesus Christ.....

...stupid bible...

then it says to baptize in the name of the father, the son and holy ghost.....Why does it say one name for three? It couldn't mean that!

stupid, stupid, stupid bible!

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    It's the stupid bible that makes people think there's a 'Trinity'
    Who raised Jesus from the dead? Well, Galations 1;1 and Thessolonians 1;10 says the Father. Romans 8:11 says the Holy Spirit. John 10;17-18 say Jesus Christ.....
    ...stupid bible...

Jesus was, and is, God-man.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#22

Jesus made it clear that he would resurrect himself from the dead. Referring to his body Jesus said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up,” (John 2:19-22). Acts 2:32 appears to contradict Jesus. It provides, “This Jesus God raised up” (see also Galatians 1:1). To resolve this inconsistency the Jehovah's Witnesses argue that John 2:19-22 does not really mean that Jesus would raise himself up, even though it says so, but that “Jesus himself was responsible for his resurrection” (Reasoning, 423,424). They rely on Luke 8:43-48 where the ill woman with the flow of blood was healed not because she healed herself but because she exercised faith in Christ’s power to heal (ibid., 423), and this exercise of faith made her responsible for the healing.

This analogy, however, is misplaced because John 10:17, 18 says that Christ’s power to resurrect himself was a command (NAB) or charge (RS) given to Jesus from the Father. Yes, he was responsible for his resurrection as the obedient servant on a mission, but he also exercised a power granted to Him to raise Himself from the dead, a power and command which the ill woman of Luke 8:43-48 was not given, and who was not the product of a hypostatic union of God and woman.

This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father. (John 10:17, 18 NAB)

Jesus was not talking about some abstract “responsibility” for his resurrection as the Jehovah's Witnesses claim (Reasoning, 424). The language is unambiguous. He had the “power,” and he exercised it.

Neither was Jesus claiming, as the Jehovah's Witnesses argue, that Jesus raised “himself from the dead independently of the Father as the active agent…” (ibid.) because it was not the dead created humanity of Christ - who was not God - who resurrected Jesus, but the divine second Person of the Trinity, God the Son who is fully God, and who never dies (Habakkuk 1:12 NWT). And it was He who was in a position to raise up the dead body of Christ. Recall that the three Persons of the Trinity never act independently of each other (New Bible Dictionary, 1299, 1300), so the act of the divine Jesus was the act of the Father. “All works of the triune God ad extra are indivisibly one (Encyclopedia of Religion, 56).

This illustrates a fundamental flaw in the Jehovah's Witnesses’ analytical process, their inability to reconcile two “apparently” conflicting concepts which do not conflict at all. Galatians 1:1 states that God raised up Jesus, but John 2:19-22 says that Jesus raised himself. Rather than reading both passages together, they discard one in favor of the other. Or ignore it. Or try to reason it away, or just change the Bible to accommodate their theology, but in so doing they violate their own often repeated admonition to read different verses pertaining to a particular topic together.

Looking at Scripture from their point of view, then, the Bible would be full of irreconcilable contradictions: both Jesus and God can’t be Lord, but there is only one true Lord in the highest sense (Ephesians 4:5). Both Christ and God if separate entities can’t be Savior granting eternal salvation, yet there is only one such Savior (Isaiah 43:11; Titus 1:4, 2:6). If Jesus is God and the Father is God and there can only be one God, there is no contradiction in the Trinitarian world, but not so with the Jehovah's Witnesses whose answer lies in reducing all of Jesus to the status of man and denying the divine unity, nothing more.

If Jesus is alone in “having immortality” (1 Timothy 6:16 Green’s Literal Translation) it would mean, for the Jehovah's Witnesses, that the Almighty is not immortal, but we know that is not true (Isaiah 57:15). Similarly, all things were created and exist for God, but all things were created for Jesus as well (Colossians 1:16). And, Isaiah 44:24 states that God made all things, but at John 1:3 and Colossians 1:16 it is the Word who made all things and all things were created through Him and for Him, to mention just a few of these examples.

And, if there is only one true God (John 17:3) and Jesus is the true God (1 John 5:20), is there really a conflict? Not if you believe in the triune God which supplies a very reasonable answer if you take the time to understand what the doctrine actually teaches. These apparently mutually exclusive concepts aren’t exclusive at the expense of one or the other, but must be read together and combined which leads to only one conclusion - Jesus was, and is, God.

The Almighty would never inspire such blatant contradictions in His Bible, and He didn’t. So if God raised up Jesus and the divine Person of Christ raised himself then Jesus must be God if one is to give weight and meaning to both passages within the Trinitarian context.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    then it says to baptize in the name of the father, the son and holy ghost.....Why does it say one name for three? It couldn't mean that!
    stupid, stupid, stupid bible!

The Bible isn't stupid. It is perfectly reasonable if taken with the appropriate measure of faith.

And it is obvious that you don't take the issues seriously because had you read through this thread your questions would have been answered. You should do your homework, first.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I swear only a fool would believe in such a ludicrous doctrine that all three are one. Ridiculous.

You are thinking with a human mind. Since God is said to be from a spirit dimension and refuses to reveal himself, thye can be whatever you want her to be.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

More messed up scriptures that lead people to think that there is a Trinity Godhead. It's just stupid,isn't it?

The father dwells in believers 1 Corinthians 3;16-17

The son Jesus dwells in believers 1John 3;24

The Holy spirit dwells in believers Romans 8;9

no wonder these people think there's a Trinity.....must be a 3 headed monster God like I've been told.

dc

• Terry
    Terry

Jesus had a Father who was God

a Mother who was human

he himself had supernatural powers.

WHAT WAS JESUS IN THE ANCIENT WORLD?

The term "demigod" (or "demi-god"), meaning "half-god", is commonly used to describe mythological figures whose one parent was a god and whose other parent was human, [ 1 ] as such, demigods are human-god hybrids.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Post 10323 of 10329
    Since 6/19/2004

Jesus had a Father who was God

true, he was truely God

a Mother who was human

True, he was truly human

he himself had supernatural powers.

Changed water to wine, walked on water, raised the dead

WHAT WAS JESUS IN THE ANCIENT WORLD?

the savior, God.