One thing the WT got right was the Trinity being false.

by miseryloveselders 96 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I swear only a fool would believe in such a ludicrous doctrine that all three are one. Ridiculous.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I swear only a fool would believe in such a ludicrous doctrine that all three are one. Ridiculous.....MLE

Good morning Misery..

The problem is the WBT$ definition,of what other people believe the Trinity is..

People who believe the Trinity,don`t believe the WBT$ Version..

The WBT$ insists they do..LOL!!..

Trinitarians don`t believe 3 are one..

It`s one more bit of WBT$ BS..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

IF the Trinity doctrine said that all three are ONE person, yes, they wouldbe right, but since it doesn't say that, then they are wrong.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this one.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The Trinity doctrine is a man-made doctrine, at best it can be viewed as a doctrien that is NOT needed, I certainly don't think that it is, but when the issue of Jesus' "nature and identity" came to be, it had to be delt with and a doctrine formulated, or so the early church fathers believed.

If you are gonna blame someone about it, blame Paul and the writer of the GOJ.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm not intending to place blame on anyone, just pointing out how ridiculous it is. All three are one, preposterous and laughable if it weren't so tragically outragous. John 17:3 exposes how flimsy of a doctrine it is.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, if Jesus was not of the same nature/form as God, like Paul states, then what was Jesus?

And if the HS is not of God or of Jesus, what is the HS ?

Not sure how John 17: 3 exposes this...

17 After Jesus had spoken these words, he looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all people, a to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm not intending to place blame on anyone, just pointing out how ridiculous it is. All three are one, preposterous and laughable
    if it weren't so tragically outragous. John 17:3 exposes how flimsy of a doctrine it is.....MLE

Misery..

Did you read my post?..

Your repeating the WBT$ definition of the Trinity..That version exists only in Watchtower World..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Ok, so they knew each other, great. Still doesn't prove anything other than they knew one another. The text didn't say, "Father may I now become part of your abdominal muscles." Two seperate beings with one acknowledging submission to the other.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Two seperate beings with one acknowledging submission to the other.

Just what the trinity doctrine says.

Three different "persons"- God the Father, God the Son, God the HS, sharing the same nature - Deity.

Jesus being submissive to God doesn't take away being God:

Imitating Christ’s Humility

2 If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, 2 make my joy complete: be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others. 5 Let the same mind be in you that was a in Christ Jesus,

6 who, though he was in the form of God,

did not regard equality with God

as something to be exploited,

7 but emptied himself,

taking the form of a slave,

being born in human likeness.

And being found in human form,

8 he humbled himself

and became obedient to the point of death—

even death on a cross.

9 Therefore God also highly exalted him

and gave him the name