a couple questions for everyone here

by deservingone26 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

@ deservingone 26

You said you want to make Jehovah proud no matter what others say or do. That is a great goal!

You also said "i have many questions still and I plan on doing the research on these issues because if i question it then how am i going to tell someone else about it".

Please do a thorough research of the history and teachings of JWs before you commit to sharing them with others. Do you think God would be proud of you if you convinced someone of a false teaching coming from men, and you were actually successful in bringing that person into an organization that teaches lies?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Lozhas said "....I dont think posters just focus on their miserable lives in the WTBS "

I agree. Just think about how happy Terry was when we helped him get his new Catalytic Converter for his Honda.

Rub a Dub

• tec
    tec
    I just know that I have more in store for myself I wrote this topic to see everyones perspective on different things after reading all the posts I see that all of you could be jehovahs witnesses too if you wanted i dont really see how your current lifestyles would be effected.

That should tell you something. People who leave do (or who were never in) lead good, loving, kind, generous, faithful lives. Not all of them; but not all who are in lead those kinds of lives either.

I agree that some people need structure and strict rules to show them how to live (though a good goal would be for those people in charge of religion to ultimately want to help people to stand on their own, make decisions for themselves, and hope that they find a personal relationship with God and His Son, without men as a mediator. Christ is the mediator.). In any case, some people need religion, if only to get some focus. But no one NEEDS religion, to know God. We ONLY need Christ for that, and there is not very much of Him in the JW religion, as far as I can see. More emphasis is placed on rules and regulations, and not enough on mercy and forgiveness and love and not judging - all the things that Christ taught and showed us through example.

I understand going back for family; especially if you see it as the truth. But as someone suggested to you on another thread, please pay more attention to the things being taught this time. Please don't forget the love and the mercy and the forgiveness that Christ asked of us. Please use those, first and foremost, in every dealing with others. Those are the 'more important matters' of the law.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

1. I’m a never-been, married a Witness instead. I get great joy from instructing and coaching others in my skill sets including art and information. But then again, I’m fifty, and it took many years to figure out what I am all about. I wish you the best on your journey of self-discovery.

2. I am here to discuss JW related issues, because I have no voice in the Society. Check my post history. I don’t complain about my life, but I do challenge destructive practices of the Jehovah’s Witnesses including shunning and the blood policy. Could I comment as freely at the Kingdom Hall as I do on Blondie's threads? Let's not fool each other. I would never be called because I am not a baptized Witness.

3. I am not an atheist. I attend a local church and I am active there as a Sunday School there. My spiritual life extends far beyond my church’s beliefs, though. I study the bible on my own and I am constantly reading and learning.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

1. I am driven by a better self-esteem, a more humanistic perspective, and the joy that comes from knowing I am no longer in a cult.

2. Good question. For me, it is partly to heal, partly for intellectual debate, partly to meet people in a similar situation to myself, and partly because I think I might be able to help others in the future.

3. I am an atheist. I think a lot of us are, but a good number of us are Christians of another flavor. And some of us still found other belief systems. Lots of diverse thinkers on this forum.

4. Yeah, I think I need counseling too. I have major anxiety issues because of my involvement with the WT.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

but what is the need for 1000's of posts and making weekly posts of comments you wont hear at the during the watchtower! lol

I guess I am one of those to whom your remarks are addressed . Of course you are free to "laugh out loud" at our posts and regular threads. If you would rather move back into the Watchtower then that is your right .

When I was about 20 I did the same thing . I left it for a while but I had no social skills, could not make meaningful friendships and did not relate easily to "worldly" youths. I got bored and went back to where I felt safe. Many decades later I came to look back on a totally wasted life, pursuing dreams and promises that were just not true.

I only hope that when you get to be in your fifties you do not also look back on a misspent life, with regret.

Go in peace.

• satinka
    satinka

deservingone26 wrote:

the witness world gives you a structure

On the outside of the organization we re-learn to structure our lives. The JWs are not the only ones in the world with structure. Believing that is part of the JW brainwash.

some people look at the world and see nothing but bad so they join in with the bad

Just because we left the JW organization, does not mean that we automatically join in with the bad. That is more JW brainwash. All my new friends are honest, hard-working, and beautiful souls.

they get involved in different acts of crime, sexual acts, harm against there body (drugs,alcohol and many other things)

When I was a jw, I knew people in the congregation who practice what you described in the above sentence. Open your eyes, you will see it, too, if you look past the brainwash. The elders would have everyone believe that when members leave they become degraded and demonized. Open your mind just a crack, okay?

You honestly dont believe that if maybe they had been introduced to god, example to jehovahs witnesses that maybe they would have thought twice,

Being "introduced to god" is not the same as being introduced to Jehovah's Witnesses (humans). The JWs have placed the human elders and the society on a pedestal. The word of the elders is law that surpasses what the Bible states. It seems to me that you are confusing god with humans. If the human elders are reflecting god's qualities, then your god is a cruel and vicious persecutor. Who could love a god like that?

i personally would rather tell them that god is your creator and he does have a purpose for you!

Being a magazine and book peddler is purposeful??? The JWs are being "used" by a book publishing company. Looking back, I was a free marketing system for the jws.

satinka

• happi2b
    happi2b

Deserving I would really like to say that you could change the opinions of anyone on here but I'm finding out the hard way that everyone on here who is not a witness is because they have had or know someone who has had a terrible experience and where I could see that happening I don't understand why for those who are DA'd or DF'd why they wouldn't still want to serve Jehovah even if not in the organization.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Awe . . . c'mon folks . . . this is taking on all the feeling of a Troll gang-tackle!

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

can you please define troll. why does it make ppl so mad to see people wanting to serve jehovah? i dont understand it either happi

sorry typing from my phone at work

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit