POLL/SURVEY- Why Did You Leave The Organization of JW's?

by PublishingCult 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

Basically, I left after discovering the real truth about 607-1914 and how the Society has blatantly lied about this all these years and continues to lie about this ridiculous doctrine. The "overlapping generation" was just the straw that broke the camel's back...

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

A, F and H: everything is based on an old fairytale.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

E - Failed prophecy and realising they were false prophets

followed very quickly by all the other letters in the alphabet!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

A. Because the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society does not have the truth.

It is just another religion, filled with ideas and doctrines of men.

B. Because I had a personality conflict with other members of the organization.

Not precisely - but I found that the quality of love as taught by Jesus in the Bible was missing - so I began to inspect the vehicle itself.

C. Because I discovered that the WTBTS was not being honest or forthcoming about its history.

Yes, this is true and was part of my composite reason for leaving

D. Because serving Jehovah was too difficult and I just wanted to be worldly and do wicked things.

No - not at all. If Jehovah was real, and had selected this religion, I would have stayed no matter the difficulty in serving

E. Because the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have proved to be false prophets.

Yes

F. Because I found just cause to disagree with erroneous JW teachings.

Yes - later I found that all other Christian religion is just as flawed and false, so I rejected them too

G. Because the Governing Body and/or Elders were hypocritical. (Try and give a brief explanation)

Over and over again.

H. OTHER (please specify)

The above seemed like enough, though if I dug deeply I could probably find 'other' things to list

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

Listened to a assembly speaker claim how all would be dead if Armageddon came that day except the JW's and he was so excited about it. It was such a OMG moment after years in the cult I could not put it out of my mind hearing it so loudly proclaimed. That started my research with the WT CD on salvation and brought to mine eyes all that I apparently read and pushed back in my mind, you know being so busy with mtgs, reading, and preaching. So with the help of the internet I soon found the scales falling off my eyes and found the real truth of religion being a snare and racket.

My life is forever changed for the better and my family and friends are so happy to have me back again in their fold again.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I've got one foot still inside the borg but will be out the door soon unless they get the "Superior Authorities (Romans 13)" and the "Resurrection of people in Sodom and Gomorrah" issues resolved soon.

Rub a Dub

• sd-7
    sd-7

A,C,E,F,G. D came as an afterthought.

--sd-7

• jay88
    jay88

Because life is so much bigger than their view of things. Like a popped can of biscuits.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I kept hearing from the platform that Jesus's "yoke was kindly and light" and yet I NEVER was good enough, I NEVER did enough, was NEVER "one of the happiest people on earth (infact I was on anti depressants ) and I got sick of faking it! If it was so "kindly and light" why did it feel like a million pounds ?!

I did think it was the truth when I left, and yet I left anyway cause I could not deal with the "kindly yoke" that had been slung around my neck. Now I KNOW its not the "truth" and I am that much better off.

So H and then A.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

parts of all of it just at different fazes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit