POLL/SURVEY- Why Did You Leave The Organization of JW's?

by PublishingCult 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Why did you leave the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, and/or Why are you contemplating leaving the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses?

I've tried to boil it down to the most likely answers based on all the reasons I have heard over the years from xJW's.

A. Because the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society does not have the truth.

B. Because I had a personality conflict with other members of the organization.

C. Because I discovered that the WTBTS was not being honest or forthcoming about its history.

D. Because serving Jehovah was too difficult and I just wanted to be worldly and do wicked things.

E. Because the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have proved to be false prophets.

F. Because I found just cause to disagree with erroneous JW teachings.

G. Because the Governing Body and/or Elders were hypocritical. (Try and give a brief explanation)

H. OTHER (please specify)

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Because:

H : I discovered the pedophile scandal by accident while doing some research for my job ( I couldn't stop reading until 2 or 3 am)

and then

C : because the more you read, the more information you get and I was persuaded of

A:....

the rest is history

I'm still kind of stuck in, even if I don't attend meetings since January.

Dési

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

all of the above............

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I was rudely awakened when my daughter was sexually abused by a known abuser who had just been released from prison, I pursued the situation with the elders, naturally expecting sympathy from them but never got it; they like on all other occasions reminded me that we must protect the organization. I was told that I must not seek legal help because it would cause reproach on the society; I quickly told the elder body “well” that is just tuff shit! Now isn’t it. Long story short, I put that asshole back in prison for eight more years, I hope he shits like a Cow now.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

H

Jehovah got lazy

So did I

• Podobear
    Podobear

Double standards amongst those "who take the lead amongst us"

Bullying by the same, leading to the big "cold shoulder"

Major doctrinal change, especially the change in the baptism vows.

If they spout about others altering the scriptures in literature, they should ignore the splinter and take the log out of their own eye first!

Over a three year period I gradually lost all confidence in anything they said without questioning and researching first. I still remember raising my hand to knock at a door and thinking "I can't do this anymore"

That was a haunting and powerful moment for me.

• Iamallcool
  • Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

G . . . I witnessed a young teenager being picked on by an elder (PO) who had a long-time grudge against his father . . . refused him for baptism . . . etc etc. He committed suicide at 17. This was merely a trigger however which gave me enough courage to search . . . and all the other letters followed. I should add . . . he was about the 12th suicide in just over 20 years a JW . . . I wish I'd questioned earlier . . . but don't we all eh?

• wobble
    wobble

The Volcano of my problems with WT teaching was in a long period of build up before it erupted.

But "F" above ,was the point where it went off.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Leprechaun . . . with the utmost sincerety . . . I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she's doing OK. But I have to say this . . .

in a very good way you have made my day . . . as we say down here(really) . . . Good on ya mate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit