Issuing a challenge to Jehvoah's Witnesses everywhere

by Terry 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good point.

My brother in law once said we would know if JWs were correct "soon enough". That was in 1994, 17 years ago. What does soon enough mean? I wish I had pushed him on when soon enough would expire in his mind and hence in what year he would be willling to admit he was wrong. If I had forced him to set a date back in 1994, he would have a lot harder time internally justifying the continuing system as each year past that date progressed.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that most JWS never consider or put to a level of logical comprehension into is that everything (item) listed as the supposed

Times of the End, occurred together in every human generation or civilization since those words were written into Scripture.

An in-depth study of past civilizations confirms that as well as geological stratigraphical evolution of the earth's outer crust. (earthquakes)

One thing thats undeniable is the End Times as it was devised into the WTS. doctrinal marketing scheme to attract the public's attention did well

for the publishing house's circulations of its literature, selling millions of pieces around the world.

• wobble
    wobble

I would go one step further than JAM above, and say to them "O.K ten, twenty years max ?"

Wait while they hum and haw. then pin them to a max. say they agree a maximum of twenty years.

Ask, do you REALLY believe what you are saying, and telling people door to door ?

Get a "yes", it will be as painful as pulling teeth.

Then say, O.K to be fare I will give you an extra ten , and say 30 years.

So, what I want you to do, is sign over all your worldly wealth and estate to me , but I, or my heirs, should I be dead, cannot collect for 30 years ,we will collect in 2041, only if the Big A has not happened.

How many JW's believe enough to accept this wager ?

How weak the faith of these ones !

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    Crying Wolf is not Christianity's purpose.

Maybe not its purpose, but definitely its nature.

The assertion of God, sin, Satan, and salvation is the biggest, longest, loudest cry/lie that was ever contrived and then bellowed. The WTBTS has just repackaged the lie in order to stand out by way of contrast to other religions, just as the Is Ra El-ites did with polytheism back in the good old days. The WTBTS yelps to get those predisposed to buying their particular brand of delusion to peddle their publications and create Dystopia.

Let us control you, do as we say, believe as we tell you or God will destroy you, send you to hell, destroy you at Armageddon, make you wait prolonged periods of time in the DMV line.

• moshe
    moshe
    that same sister said that the book study in the individual homes were set inplace specifically for when the government turn on JW's. Someone in Brooklyn obviously don't believe the hype, because we know what happened to the book study in private homes

Good morning Wasblind,

I imagine one of the GB goofed - he was supposed to pass that detail - (never close the home bookstudies) on to his new overlapping generation replacement- Before he croaked.

• dgp
    dgp

This would make a good billboard. "Guys, you said the end of the world was in 1975, and you keep saying that "the end is near". When will it be?"

Even Harold Camping has given a precise date.

• Terry
    Terry

What would it mean if you went door to door telling people they would grow old and die?

As proof you could point to all of mankind throughout all of history .

What would it mean if you went door to door telling people things get better and worse...better and worse. Sometimes a lot better and sometimes a lot worse?

As proof you could point to all the historical fluctuations: wars and peace, renaissance and ethnic cleansing, technological breakthrough and religious conflicts, equal rights, medical advancements, etc?

But--stop!

Jehovah's Witnesses have pointed to the VERY SAME EVENTS and tried to prove (time and again falsely) the End of human government and the establishment of their own religion!

They pointed to WWI as proof of Armageddon and Christ's arrival to reward and punish.

IT DID NOT HAPPEN.

They were not proved correct by actual events.

They were FORCED BY THOSE SAME EVENTS to have to CHANGE THEIR MESSAGE.

Jesus was forced to become "invisible" and the Armageddon war became a mere "warning message offered by JW's".

1925 would bring the resurrection of Abraham, David and other "worthies".

EVENTS PROVED THEM WRONG.

They were forced to change their message.

"I made an ass of myself" concluded the President of the Watchtower Society. He didn't mention what shame was heaped upon his God, Jehovah.

Every world event they have ever pointed to as SIGNIFYING a point of doctrine has PROVED THEM FALSE.

The worldwide proclamation of the SIGNIFICANT EVENT: "The End of 6000 years of human existence" created a tidal wave of hope, speculation and activity leading of to a NON-EVENT in 1975.

THE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES were proved to be liars, speculators, false prophets and doctrine-changers again!

We cannot let them CONTINUE to prove themselves liars and get away with it by NOT CALLING THEM OUT.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

IT is funny that whenever I get the whole , " things are getting worse, look at the signs" crap and I ask them, point blank if they are saying that THIS is the end of times or whatnot, all I get is, " I didn't say that", "well, I don't know about that", "Only Jehovah knows", etc, etc.

Slippery than an eel bathed in oil and covered in lard !!

• jam
    jam

I beleive this time they are making A big mistake, because there

are people who were alive in 1975 and remerber what they preach

at the time. People that were never JW,s will tell you, these people

told me the same thing before 1975. Very few people remerber 1943

and past dates and is still alive today. Every person over the age of

40 yrs. old remerber that JW,s preach the world would end in 1975.

• Terry
    Terry

I think this is the best way to say it:

"Really? Is this any different than it was in 1975? If so, how?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit