Present some evidence for evolution...

by Spade 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DanaBug
    DanaBug
    If environmental adaptation has impacted the species at the DNA level and the DNA sequence AGCGGAGCTTA has mutated to ATCGGAACTTA, making the Ensatina escholtzii incapable of interbreeding with its common ancestor at the other end of the ring (genetically unidentical), the mutation for all practical purposes was destructive as macroevolution never progresses beyond this point. It would evidently take an intelligent designer to complete the process.

They do interbreed. Tom Devitt found that female klauberi will mate with male eschscholtzii and males of it's own species, but female eschscholtzii will only mate with males of their own species.

In the 1960s, one of Robert Stebbins' graduate students, Charles W. Brown, discovered a few locations in Southern California where the muted western form (eschscholtzii) and the blotchy eastern form (klauberi) live together and actually do interbreed, producing blurrily blotched hybrids. 5

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/devitt_06

Read all of this and then explain why these salamander ring species aren't proof of evolution: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/devitt_01

• villabolo
    villabolo

Do some reading. 500 large size, small print pages with rebuttals against virtually every Creationist argument. I've got a copy myself and it's worth the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-Earth-History-Evolution-Controversy/dp/1573927171/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300254737&sr=8-2

Science and Earth History: The Evolution/Creation Controversy

Villabolo

• free2beme
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Even if you can trash every piece of evidence anyone can ever produce for evolution........

...... you are still stuck with explaining away every notion that your chosen sect/cult/religion/culture/whatever maintains as an alternative ......... as magic.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Villabolo

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Nice post, until you start your own ramble.

One of your arguments is that after one of the salamanders evolved far enough so they are no longer able to interbreed, their evolution suddenly stops and that means that it isn't evolution? Can't really wrap my head around that one. Since the salamanders can simply breed with their own local relatives, it isn't destructive at all, they can just lead their normal salamandary lives like they used too. I'm sure they will slowly evolve further over the course of the next millions of years just like they did the previous millions of years. There is absolutely nothing to support your idea that they will not evolve any further.

Then you attack this example of speciation and macro-evolution for not being micro-evolution. That's just dumb. I'm sure when we give you an example of micro-evolution you will attack us again for it not being macro-evolution. Or you will drag abiogenesis into the discussion. Stick to one topic.

• designs
    designs

Very few people have webbed toes and fingers

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

More proof of Evolution..

Without AliceInWonderLand/Spade on the Thread..

The Thread has Evolved into an Intelligent Exchange of Ideas..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• metatron
  • free2beme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit