Do You EVER Think These World Events Could Be Prophecies Being Fulfilled?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• superpunk
    superpunk

Our Circuit overseer thinks people will return to the WT because of what is happening.......

And he's right. Never underestimate the stupidity of scared people. It can only be combatted by their apathy. People flocked back to the KH's after 9-11, too. Then, once they got back to their routine of work and watching Maury, apathy set in and they fell back off the wagon. I'm sure those same geniuses will come plodding back to the KH now, too.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Jesus said "(Matthew 24:7-14) 7 "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 "Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

Notice that the nations rising against each other, food shortages, earthquakes are simply a beginning. notice that they will be killed, stumbled, betray one another, fall away and then those who have endured will preach this good news. Yikes this means there is a lot of shite still to come, and amazingly after that there will still be "good news"

• Terry
    Terry

One of the few advantages of being 64 years old is that you finally get tired of hearing people

exclaim that Current Events are a sign of something other than the natural ebb and flow of events.

Life is constant change.

Change can be good, bad, neutral.

Measuring the "meaning" of events is silly storytelling.

Superstitious people are filled with gobelins, ghosts, demons, gods, curses, apocalypses and fear to EXPLAIN the natural world.

Rational people see things differently.

Sometimes life can be challenging because things always change and not always for the better.

Scared people make emergencies more difficult than calm people.

Be a part of solutions without creating new problems.

Be adaptable.

Don't feed on speculations and fear mongering.

Find the "other side" of predictions and explanations.

Life goes on.

Predictors of calamity ARE ALWAYS WRONG.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

I believe there is another question that is tied in with this question of, "could These World Events Could Be Prophecies Being Fulfilled?" and that question is: Will I be saved by God?

I was raised as a JW, so I was taught to believe that I would never die, as the end would come, and I would be saved by God. After learning that people in the 1920's were told the same thing (Millions Now Living Will Never Die...), the cognitive dissonance kicked in. I now believe one day I will die, but I don't fear that it will be by the hand of God, or "Prophecies Being Fulfilled". I can only hope that I will live a long, healthy, and fulfilling life in this world. But who is to say I am not affected one day my an unforseen occurence or by a natural diaster like the people of Japan.

Could God one day intervene and save the world and my ass as well? I don't rule it out, as my existence is evidence to me that anything is possible. But I believe it is much healthier to view life in this world as terminal. Billions of people died before I was born. One day I will die and billions of people will live and die after I am dead.

For any LOST fans reading this. In the last season there was an episode where the man in black says to Jacob, "Everybody dies Jacob". That one line really reasonated with me. I cannot recall the episode or the context of the scene, if you know, please remind me.

• Listener
    Listener

These natural disasters show that any one of us may meet our death this way, including JWs. The after effects include food shortages, economical turmoil and civil unrest. We would be lucky to get through to the point where we see God's anger unleashed and the JWs ignore this aspect. To them it is all about keeping your eyes on the prize but there is a lot of paper unwrapping to be done before then as we play pass the parcel, from one disaster to the next.

• flipper
    flipper

No, not at all. World events have happened since time began

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit